Epic Games achievements unlocked

Title Epic Games achievements unlocked
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When October 4, 2021

Epic Games is launching the initial version of its achievements next week. Since the Epic Games Store launched in December of 2018, one of the oft-cited criticisms of the platform is how it lacks features that other PC store applications have had for years..

Read the full article

A forum would be more welcome. Also update notifications

I don’t think you’ll ever get a forum. Valve’s forums are seen by many devs as a negative more than a postiive.

I noticed today Valve even added discords to store page.

I sincerely hope egs will fail and disappear. Holding games hostage is unacceptable behavior.

I can’t believe the only problem some people have with it is so called “lack of features”.

Have you considered growing up?

The devs themselves choose to be on EGS and not in other platforms…

The conversation has been had before. It’s not been an enjoyable conversation before, I doubt it will this time.

yeah but man what about apple mannnnnnnnn

edit

and at least i’m not some kinda dang ol trekker like a nerd i like my scifi with laser swords like a real man!

I don’t like them.

Also I hope Epic does not die so I don’t lose the library of games I have with them, a couple of which I even paid for!

I mean fwiw I hate do Epic, but entirely for how miserable they made several friends who were employees or employee-spouses. Haven’t paid much mind apart from that.

TMI…

Ahahahaha yeah I’m leaving that

I thought it was some hip new lingo the kids are using that I’m not privy to.

No kids here. And I could not care less about Apple. Never had any of their products, nor will I. This is strictly about “exclusivity” scam on egs.

Again, this discussion, on this forum has been had before.
No one is forcing these developers to sign these contracts. And no one is forcing you to buy these games. So, at the end of the day, no harm is coming from it. Everyone can just agree to disagree and move on with life.

If you don’t want to buy games from Epic, it’s really that simple. You just don’t.

I feel the same about Blizzard if it makes you feel any better. Man, do I want to play the updated version of Diablo 2, but I don’t want to support that company. You probably don’t either, since you have a hard stance on the “exclusivity” scam.

This thread is now about canned meats.

Also I’m pretty sure there are no fully exclusive games, all of them have been timed exclusives so far. Many of them from mid-to-small dev teams, to which the financial boost of Epic’s buy in means a whole lot, especially because the loudest “fuck Epic, boycott!” people turn out to be totally cool with piracy.

Take Hitman 3 for example. I prefer to have it on Steam, because I played the other two on that, etc. So I have to wait. Big deal, there are more fantastic games out there than I could ever play, even if I didn’t have anything else to do. And I sure am glad that IOI got paid, especially after the turmoil that studio has been through during the last two, fantastic, Hitman games.

It’s not a scam, it’s a deal. There are better reasons to be bewildered by EGS. Speaking of, do we know what kind of data the Epic Online Service collects? All “sources” I could find were vitriolic anti-Epic places, so…

Aaaand now I’m hungry…

I will most likely never buy any game from any developer or publisher that had an “exclusive” on egs, ever in the future - I certainly did not since the introduction of egs. I was trying to figure out if I can manage to never buy another unreal engine game again, and still mulling that over. I have 1500 games on Steam and will not stand for any kind of manipulation on who do I give my money to. Having said that, piracy is a no-no.
Don’t care about information collection, don’t care about egs features, don’t care about free shiny stuff.

epic and any game company that plays into its scam is dead to me.

So you joined a day ago to bang on EGS, got it.

So consider it thoroughly banged on and go play one of your 1,500 steam games.