Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Not really. Germany bans a ton of violence and has forever. Yet we still had… every game ever.

It’s an issue, but it’s also fairly easy to get around in most cases. “Chinese” versions of games have always been a thing. It’s usually just a couple art asset changes here and there.

I’ll grant you that it can become an issue if the studios start really chasing Chinese money, but the only alternative is overthrowing the CCP, which isn’t going to happen. Or banning all trade with China and we’re seeing how well even a taste of that is working out.

There’s a difference between a Chinese store vs telling Valve or Epic that they need to remove a developer’s game globally due to them saying critical of the CCP. Same with them trying to get the NBA to muzzle anyone associated with the league and making sure they don’t say anything they disagree with.

As mentioned, Germany censors some game content from games sold there but they didn’t try to go after individuals that included a Nazi flag in a video game sold outside they’re market.

Could China try to leverage a China Steam store to pressure Valve to muzzle employees or third party developers? Yes. And IF Valve caved to that, I’d just be as pissed at them. Built making a Steam China storefront on its own? Whatever.

I dunno if anyone from Epic is watching, but I’m gonna go buy a game from you now. Hades, to be specific. Seriously, guy with access to the til or what-have-you, you’re gonna see it uptick by one. Go enjoy a pizza lunch or whatever.

Edit: Due to your China stance.

We know at least one is.

Hooray for the days when our greatest individual voice is by whatever mega corp we buy stuff from.

My whole life, businesses have given a shit about what mattered to me- so long as I pay them. But I live in Missouri, sir, and I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that my vote is completely worthless.

They just elected a black mayor for the first time in Montgomery, AL. Maybe your vote is worth more than you think?

Dude, if you want to see the happy election of that Mayor as vindication for the system that I see go by every day, more power to you. It sure ain’t coming to me. In any case, I apologize for going off topic and will stop now.

This post is so 2017.

I don’t always pay attention to what is happening in Germany, unless it involves Panzers. Maybe I should.

True, but it also didn’t really affect the entire history of video games either.

Fallout 1 allowed you to minigun down children in 1997, despite it being illegal in Germany. They just had a different version for Germany without kids and some of the gore iirc.

Surviving Mars is free on the Epic Store this week. Next week, Observation and Alan Wake’s American Nightmare.

I was looking at the (free) DLC for Surviving Mars and notice you actually can’t look into the details of each one. I can’t click into the DLC, lol.

I had the same problem, so I went and looked it up on Steam.

Epic Game Store has a sale starting today!

Interesting sale, just not a lot that I want to play. I like what I have so far.

Good deal on Control if you’re interested in that. I am, but plan to jump in around fifteen bucks in 9 months.

Right now (I hope it changes) there is not much of a sale regarding their exclusives. I’m interested in Outer Wilds and Ashen.

Very unusual to find a sale on prerelease games on their exclusive site. That’s why their
“$10 off everything” sale was unusually great.

Anyway for Outer WildsWorlds, I got ten bucks off at GMG.

Outer Worlds? ; )

Yeah, that naming is a shame, ain’t it? Outer Wilds was awesome too.