Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

That is one I am thinking about picking up too. I know my feelings towards digital games and ownership seem to be different than many others here, but for me, if I werer to buy Hades for $10 I will have gotten my $10 value out of it in the next 3-4 years if the launcher dies and the game goes away. If Epic was to die in 3 years and after that I feel like playing more of Hades, it’s more than likely I will be able to pick it up on another site for $5 or less.

Currently, the RiME page seems very bugged and is not loading for me. Searching for it in the store brings up no results. Not sure if it is just me or the servers are overwhelmed.

Edit: Might be working now. If others have trouble try refreshing or clearing your browser cache; that might help.

I definitely get that. While I’m worried that Epic will stop supporting its launcher and stuff when it is no longer fun for them to try to gain market share, my bigger issue is, in fact, having another (seemingly buggy/junky) launcher to worry about.

But at the end of the day, it is $10, as you note.

Grabbed RIME, thanks EPIC!

I’m impressed by their ability to only pick games I already own! (The one exception being Stories Untold, that episodic text adventure I grabbed yesterday. But will I ever play it?? Dun dun dunnnn.)

I haven’t noticed any issues with their launcher thus far, with that said I’ve only played free games through it (subnautica, slime rancher, fortnite).

I thought the Epic store had Division 2 for sale but when I looked for it just now on mobile it only has “coming soon”

All Uplay games stopped working, they are investigating it since May 11th I think.

I can’t find the original mention of it, but it is mentioned a lot in the 50+ page thread over on ResetERA.

Also I see the outer wilds is up for pre-order now.

Thanks. Well that’s stupid.

2 weeks without access to games you’ve paid for, no biggie.

I can still access the games I paid for. Significant difference between not being able to buy and not being able to play something already purchased.

Oh yeah, one form of complete incompetence is much better than the other one.

Oh yeah, a false incompetence isn’t any different from a real one. Lies, truth, who cares?!

How much does Epic pay for astroturfing these days?

No, he is right. Criticism of Epic is good and needed, but only when it is accurate.

You know, I am surprised they haven’t offered any V-bucks with store purchases. That would probably get their Fortnite players to spend some cash.

?

Not being able to buy products from a publisher for two weeks due to a technical issue is acceptable?

It is less unacceptable than not being able to play games you bought, yes. And you claimed something that apparently wasn’t the case. Although lordksc is the one who posted that inaccuracy originally. I am assuming Lunarstorm is not lying and can install and play his uplay games on Epic store.

I still cannot find the original post made by epic/ubisoft.

So you can play the Ubi games you bought via the epic store now?

A little explanation on their store page would have been better than just having them not appear on the store anymore.

The have a news area, but nothing mentioned there.