Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

So, anything stands out to use the 10 dollar coupon on? I’m looking at the games that are around 14.99, and nothing really grabs me.

I’ve definitely gotten my $4.99 worth out of the Division 2.

I was thinking of getting Outward, but I saw that too.

I decided to bite the bullet and get Control while it was still on sale. This is the type of game I don’t mind owning on a platform other than Steam because once I play I’m probably done - other than if there is some good dlc.

Really I’ve heard a lot of wonderful things about Control from voices I respect. I think you made a fine choice.

Oha.

I ended up grabbing Operencia, Sojurn, Division 2, and Griftlands. Each was 5-7 after coupon.

I need to replay Operencia. I got half way through, and I screwed up one of my characters.

Watch out for how many active skills you can use.

Operencia is also free on Xbox pc at the moment, but figured I’d just grab it and have it for a rainy day at that price.

I was going to buy Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, but something went wrong. The transaction didn’t happen, but the coupon is gone. It can’t be reacquired, and it looks like getting more coupons is contingent on spending the existing one rather than on buying games. So it’s not like I could even restart the “chain” even if I wanted to. Oh, well :-/

If there’s one thing that’s been clear about the Epic Games Store, it’s that they’ve got their B team working on it. But even so, I’m rather surprised that anyone would write code for payment processing in a non-transactional manner.

That happened to me once. In my case I could “Void the transaction” (it hadn’t gone through, but was still on my transaction list). If you can do that you should get the coupon back.

Is today the last day of the sale? If so, I should stop procrastinating and decide on which ones I have time for and which ones will eventually show up on Game Pass.

The hardest decision has been Tetris Effect. I’ve been going back and forth in my mind. It’s $20 with the coupon on Epic, but it’s also the same price on PSN on PS4. Which one should I pick? Or should I just wait? At $20, it will probably get cheaper. And I do wonder if I’m past Tetris at this point, despite how much I loved it back in the day.

Edit: These were my other temptations.

Tetris Effect $20
Superliminal $6
Ghostbusters Remastered $5
Manifold Garden $8 (On Apple Arcade)
Sojourn $7
Outward $6

I’m tempted to get Surviving The Aftermath, even though it’s in early access. With the coupon it’d be $10 and that’s a very tempting price.

Tetris Effect sale no longer on sale on EGS.

Thanks for the hint, wouldn’t have thought to check that. Unfortunately it doesn’t show up on the transaction list :-(

It might have been somewhere else, can’t recall for sure. Check the product page, it might have been there, perhaps near the buy button.

It comes up when you try to buy a different game, that you have to void the previous hung transaction with the coupon still attached to it.

Ah, ok. Rei to the rescue! I think I remember that now, you may have to click on the thing that says coupons to see it. I think I tried to rebuy the same thing and found it that way (hence why I was thinking about going back to the product page). Sorry I didn’t recall the specifics.

Ah, that worked. Thanks to both of you!

Like Tetris Effect, What the GOLF?! is no longer on sale. However it was $12.99 during the sale and couldn’t have the $10 voucher applied. Now it can and should be $2.99 cheaper.