Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Heh, and they told you that was really critical, right?

Perhaps it is for my use case. You don’t know, do you?

I mean, before Covid-19, it probably wasn’t a big deal that only certified technicians could work on Medtronic Ventilators, or that modifications weren’t allowed.

Is it?

It seems like if you really hate the way Apple operates, you should be really sure that you absolutely need that “best chip set”, because maybe you don’t. Indeed, you almost certainly don’t.

And then, you suddenly have a huge number of options open up to you.

Again, I don’t know what the future will hold.

I do know that less freedom for the consumer is a net bad thing. As we saw with the Ventilators.

You should’ve stopped right here, no buts, and Sweeney shouldn’t have even used that comparison. The fact that the two of you, potentially three, can’t see that… hundreds of years of cases and business conflicts to choose from and that asshole choses Civil Rights because he’s an egotistical asshole who has not concept of self-awareness nor the elementary ability to step back and ask himself how the hell he could’ve chosen his wording so poorly. Instead, he went to Twitter to defend it and make a weak ass excuse just like all his little supporters continue to do.

You do not use Civil Rights in a comparison for something that has nothing to do with the systematic oppression, hardship and yes murder of an entire people. You simply do not do that.

This is another one of those scenarios that I would have thought was perfectly fine, but it really isn’t really about what I think. If people got offended by that comparison, it should be no skin off my ass to apologize and not use it. What difference does it make to me? Just turns into an ego thing at that point.

Right? Just say “Oh shit. My bad. I didn’t mean that at all.” I’ll never understand why people dig in so hard when someone else points out that they made a bad analogy or comparison. You’re not gaining debate points by asserting that the other person shouldn’t be offended.

Proof once again that analogies are more trouble than they’re worth!

Just like opening up your John Deere tractor to get some more power out of it.

Or like giving in to the (financial) pressure and have Epic have your game as an exclusive for a bit.

Conviction is nice, unless it gets inconvenient.

Some people hate the GOP for supporting Jan 6, but nobody seems to care enough to switch away from AT&T as a provider for breaking their pledge and resuming donations.

Google Fi rules

Member for 5 years as of yesterday!

I went to check and I also hit five years this week! April 5th!

Can’t believe they didn’t give me any free shit for five years. What a crock.

More precisely, that’s $444 million on “minimum guarantees” for games that release on the Epic Games Store but stay off of Steam for a year. A “minimum guarantee” is just another way to refer to an advance: It means that Epic guarantees the publisher a certain amount of money whether or not their game actually sells enough to cover it. For example, Epic put down $10.45 million for Control.

Well, yeah. It isn’t a direct payoff, unless the game doesn’t sell well enough to cover the spread.

$200 million more from Sony, on top of the $250 million last year.

So three more years of exclusives? ;)

WTF is Core?

I think it’s like Roblox or Dreams or that MS thing they cancelled.

Ah, I thought Crayta was that. I guess both are.

Check this out with the current version of the Epic client.

Check your status of downloads while in the Library tab versus how it looks while in the Unreal Engine section. WTF?