Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

If it was over two weeks ago they’ll likely refuse.

Unlike the Win10/GamePass version.

No, that’s only Microsoft trying to use their own store system.

That’s what Papageno wants, to have the freedom to mess with the files.

So I was looking for a game to use the $10 coupon on and was shocked at how small the EGS library actually is. Granted, I prefer indie games to AAA games, but of the 60 or so games from my Steam wishlist that I typed into the EGS search system, I came up with a grand total of 3 options.

Yes, the Epic store is still curated, unlike Steam.

Yeah, just saying I can only speak for the one game but it was doable.

So, I saw that Spell Force 3 Fallen God is less then 9 dollars after the coupon, and @BrianRubin raved about it (and I really enjoyed Soul Harvest), I think I might pick that up.

Isn’t that coming to Gamepass this month as well?

Nevermind, it was SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest coming to Gamepass next week.

There’s two games called SpellForce 3? That’s confusing.

I think they’re the standalone expansion sort of thing.

Epic is running out of games I strongly want. I’ve got 17 games on my wishlist there that I’d like to have but nothing really pressing. Rogue Legacy 2 is tempting but I think that is a game I’d prefer to have on Steam if there are interesting achievements as I like to look at the global % achieved for games like this. Also if there is a leaderboard there will be more friends on Steam with it.

There are 4 games called Spell Force 3, not sure if they are all on the EGS. :)

Soul Harvest requires the OG Spell Force 3, but the other 2 are stand alones.

All of them are stand alone, so you can just purchase Soul Harvest by itself if you would like (that’s what I did on steam). The game had a fun little campaign which allowed you to recruit Merc Heroes at any time with any skills, and they would auto level up to your level. Just don’t use any boosting potions on them, if you do that.

Versus edition has both a free and paid for version on Steam. The Free version comes with one random race, but automatically unlocks races if you have bought any of the base games (Elves, Orcs and Humans with the base game, Elves, Orcs, Humans, Dwarfs and Dark Elves with the Soul Harvest Expansion, and Elves, Orcs, Humans, Trolls with Fallen God). The Paid version of Spellforce Versus unlocks all the races for MP play, but I would rather get the campaigns.

Ah nice, I wasn’t aware of that!

Thanks @Kolbex and @TurinTur . I just wanted to make sure of the non-obfuscation part before I bought a new game.

Since you’re past 2 weeks you’re probably SOL, they may give you a one time lifetime exemption

I’ve tried to refund junk I bought on sale and didn’t try till weeks went by

I have base AC Origins on Uplay from Humble Monthly and was thinking of using the EGS coupon to buy the season pass. But no, EGS won’t let me purchase DLC without owning the base game on EGS, even after linking my Uplay account.

Sad.

I don’t think the coupons work on season passes.

Best deal I can find just for the Ubi version of the season pass is on sale at the ubi store + 20% extra off.

As dumb as it sounds, its cheaper to buy the Gold edition of Origins on the EGS with the coupon. It comes out to like $12.

I never registered or redeemed any expansion for Ubi stuff inside EGS. As long as you get a code, register it inside the Uplay client ignoring and bypassing EGS.

Ah thanks, you’re right. The coupon only works for games and not DLC.

I need to remember to avoid buying bundles for games that I might want to get the DLC for, since it usually ends up costing more or the same amount to get them later.