Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Heh, now that you mention it I think I last did that with the then current X-Tension for X: Beyond the Frontier. Egosoft still has those forums up.

And good riddance. Each one is another vector for hackers to steal email/password combinations. Not so much an issue now with password managers making it easier to have unique passwords everywhere, but I do not missing having to register and sign up for an account for every single game I play. Especially when I just have a technical support kind of question.

Same holds true when answering a technical support question. If it’s a forum I’m already on it’s easy to pop in and answer a question. If I see some rando’s question, I’m not going to take the 10 minutes to set up a new account and go through all the verification steps just so I can answer. There’s a reason Steam forums pop up so often when I google an issue I’m having with a game.

I’ve become more and more like that also - buy the game when the sequel is announced and the Complete Edition goes on sale. Backlog is too big to keep up with every release at full price, except for one or two titles that I have high loyalty to.

There are vanishingly few games that I’ll buy day one, full price, no matter what. In the next year or two, I’m in for Deathloop, Diablo 4, Pathfinder 2, Everspace 2, Avowed, BG3, and possibly Ghostwire Tokyo and VtM Bloodlines 2.

I also got Far Cry 6 for free with my CPU. I probably wouldn’t have paid full price for it, but it’s a solid $40 purchase for me, I don’t wait for them to go down to $15.

I still haven’t purchased RDR2, despite knowing I’d enjoy it. My backlog is just too big with other games I also know I’ll enjoy and its price will steadily drop (although it’s tempting at $30 on EGS with the coupon).

I picked that one up for $15 at some point, still haven’t played it. Definitely on my list. Hoping it’ll get a next-gen upgrade like the Witcher 3.

You got RDR2 for 15 bucks? On PC? “Nice work if you can get it,” as the old jazz standard goes.

So if I bought Immortals Fenix Rising last night through the EGS I can still just play it through Ubisoft Connect (formerly Uplay) directly, right? I made the latter “discover” the installed game and now it’s installing a 7 GB and change update.

Went through the wishlist and I think I narrowed it down to:
Curse of the Dead Gods $5
Rogue Legacy 2 $10
Slipways $7
Loop Hero $5

There are a handful of other games I’ll get at some point, but I have things I rather play in their genre that I already own. I don’t have high hopes that I’ll like Loop Hero, but for $5 I’d like to see what it is.

You could try the demo here
https://steamdb.info/app/1519390/

An older build so it’s missing some stuff but it gives you a pretty good idea of how it plays.

There’s nothing new here, those figures are from documents unsealed in April and widely reported on at the time. Are things really getting so desperate for PC Gamer that they need to rerun clickbait and pretend it is new?

A Plague Tale is free this week. Sweet!

Minit too but that’s a rerun.

It’s a quote from Apple Lawyers. I would take it with a grain of salt.

Even if it’s accurate. That sounds great. Invest for 6 more years, then print money for eternity. Looks like the world’s smartest investment.

What am I missing? This appears the be from an exhibit from Google over their case. Apple lawyers said this? It doesn’t look like this has anything to do with Apple or their lawyers does it? (I didn’t read the court document, only the Verge article.)

Various documents have been coming out from the ongoing Apple vs Epic legal case in the state of California, and here’s a full rundown of the core of Apple’s (pretty decent) defense. As part of this, Apple’s lawyers executed what one can only call a drive-by on the Epic Games Store, which Epic’s lawyers had been claiming was comparable to the App Store.

Are you reading the PC gamer Article?

If not, then we aren’t talking about the same article.

Yeah different article. Still, not hard that believe. Hasn’t Epic said they won’t be profitable until 2024 and they seem to be using Epic’s numbers. It’s not that much of a stretch.

Am I missing something here, or is it more like Epic is trading profitability for market share. They could basically be profitable right now by stopping the weekly giveaways and $10 coupons, but what they’re fighting for right now is market share. They want to grab as much of that as possible before so they can snooze for the rest of their lives without fear of losing much to the competition … oh waitasec …