Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Is there any other store where it is available? When googling I only see Epic and what seems to be their own website? In any case, it is in the first place of their top titles by player spend.

Apparently they expected to be at 658 million:

https://i.imgur.com/sknKKiU.png

So they are at 50% that, with meager year on year increase.

Jesus, there’s still no way to appear offline or be invisible.

Jesus!

Jesus Mary N. Joseph!

I can see the complexity in making something appear invisible.

Guys don’t butt in to my personal prayers.

This thread unexpectedly started my day with a good laugh. Thank you!

Was looking at steam comments about the upcoming release of Darkest Dungeon 2, and a lot of buyers who already own this on the EGS seem to be ready to double dip on a Steam purchase for better QoL features like the workshop and modding support.

My brain is all like, You Fools! (Gilbert Gottfried Voice )

Is stuff like modding even get offered on EGS games? Like can I play a game on the EGS but use mods from mod.db?

I mean think of the many many mods for Sins of a Solar Empire, with Sins 2 being EGS exclusive. Are all these people buying a game where continued support for features beyond the core game / patches / expansions , pretty much end once the game arrives on the Steam store, where you know the workshop will be offered?

AFAIK the mods on the steam workshop are not exclusive to the workshop, and can be downloaded and installed manually from mod.db or Nexus or wherever.

EGS has a modding workshop framework, it’s up to each dev to use it.
In fact, in the last pair of years I have seen a few games preferring to use external solutions [to Steam], as that way mods can be also offered to GOG or Epic versions of the game.

I mean, now that I own a Steam Deck, I am 100% going to buy games on steam first, because it makes things very easy.

I know that the Pathfinder games both use an external system for Mods.
As does the Age of Empires DE games.

“Please buy games from us.”

Epic Rewards

Introducing Epic Rewards : a brand-new way to earn 5% back in Rewards on every eligible purchase you make on the Epic Games Store, starting today.

That sounds kind of cool. I definitely don’t mind getting 5% back.

I much prefer approaches like this to how they were handling exclusives.

I don’t know that this signals any change in their strategy vis a vis exclusives, but 5% store credit on every purchase is a nice incentive to buy there even when a title costs the same elsewhere.

I’m gonna need a lot more than 5% to put up with Epic’s bullshit.

If they were 5% cheaper (as opposed to giving store credit) across the board, that would make me turn my head.

I’m sure other stores’ agreements preclude that though.

Death Stranding is free (again).

Lame.