Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

“The Division 2 has more PC preorders than the original, despite skipping Steam”
Gooooooood. Steam fans, let the hate flow through you…
evil emperor laugh

Seems Metro Exodus PC physical copies have EPIC store stickers on the back covering up the STEAM info. :D

Saw it over on ResetERA

It is true. I ripped it off the moment I saw that it was a sticker. It was quite satisfying! :D

I got the Aurora edition for free due to some fuck up. I canceled my order, got my money back, but they still sent it to me. So now I have steam version and a bonus of aurora edition. Coolio.

If you remove the sticker does the game work via STEAM?

;)

Hah I actually have an epic code available here… :p

Called it lol.

The evil empire reference to steam is funny given the partial ownership of Epic.

It wouldn’t be a console war without the pettiness.

Hey, we didn’t even make it a page without someone bringing up Tencent again.

We passed the point of anyone saying anything new a thousand posts ago…

Come on now. The sticker is totally new.

I swear, if I had a dime for every time someone brought them up…

I do not know what this “page” thing is you speak of. -Discourse, probably

I think Epic should look to give some ownership investment to 50 Cent, that would be pretty cool.

Very nice.

Which may have absolutely nothing to do with the platform and more due to a sequel to an ultimately successful game and a known quality.

Weird, the article just seems to state that the game is doing better on the Uplay store, not Epic. The Steam comment seens premature.

Ubisoft’s CEO said that overall preorder numbers are higher, and uplay numbers specifically are 6x higher.

Then keep in mind that:

• Each uplay preorder will get them 42.9% more revenue than a Steam preorder
  • Each epic store preorder will get them 13.6% more revenue than a Steam preorder

I’m sure Ubisoft is very happy!

6X higher preorder levels on the UPlay store suggest that people are opting to use UPlay over Epic since it’s not on Steam.

Yes Im sure Ubisoft is happy but using this data to argue for a win for Epic doesn’t hold up at present.

No worries , the emails will be stopping soon.

https://gamestore.razer.com/lp/closure

We regret to announce that Razer Game Store (gamestore.razer.com) will cease operations on February 28, 2019 at 0100hrs Pacific Time as part of the company’s realignment plans.