Everspace 2

Open RPG!? Man, that’s really interesting. I loved the first game, got to the end a few times (but never sealed the deal, iirc). Super fun game, great as a rogue-lite, but I agree this being more a single player RPG with a stronger story is going to be a lot of fun.

Let me know what you think. I’ve already spent over an hour just poking around a couple of locations. Found my first red (rare) item right at the end after chasing down a loot drone 😂

Much the same here :) Brian pointed out there was a prototype, I downloaded, couldn’t invert the controls, spasmed about, uninstalled!

If it’s the one from Steam, you can invert the controls. First thing I did.

Myself and the crocodile chap beg to differ! I assume it was Steam I was looking at.

Let me rephrase then. I was able to invert, using an Xbox gamepad. What inputs were you guys using?

M&K…

Ah, OK. That’s your first problem…

Just tested now, and no it doesn’t invert for me either with M+K. But honestly I don’t see how it could given the UI. You’re moving the aiming reticle, not your ship, so it would just be nonsensical inverted.

I didn’t play this long enough to find out, but in the first one there were many options for that kind of thing. I actually played in VR.

You don’t need to describe my preferences as nonsensical, even on the internet.

The control interface is completely bizarre and various things work or don’t at times for reasons I can’t decipher. I had inverted m&k y-axis, but couldn’t tell you how. I was actually thinking of resetting them later and making a new profile on my g13 using most of the default controls. But I know all that is probably long fixed. I’m not worried about them getting that stuff right.

One thing I absolutely loved is that it let me use one of my mouse buttons (which is set to ‘]’) as a modifier key. When I have that key pressed, wasd control roll and z-axis hover.

Maybe they are trying to invert the left and right directions?

I definitely got it to work. And yeah, pre-alpha or not, I love it. Just wished I had realized when they did the KS.

I’ve spent several hours just looking around the very limited areas available in the prototype. There isn’t that much hidden stuff to find there, but there’s tons of it in the alpha. This makes me quite happy.

Btw, you Can invert the ‘pitch axis’ just not the ‘camera pitch axis’ but it behaves really strangely if you use that.

No, but have watched a fair bit of footage from it. Yeah me too, and apparently there were multiple post-ks campaigns, the last of which ended just a couple of weeks before the alpha.

Still, the content in Alpha is just the Ceto system. More than the prototype, but still fairly limited. When they go into EA late this year, there will be much more content added. And they plan to be in EA for a year. So, as much as I’m excited for this, just as well to wait for EA

Yeah, no planetary locations. Even in the final game, it will be specific places you can do that.

Do they have focus/aperture/etc adjustments for that in the prototype? They do in Alpha and are going to be adding more features to the photo mode. Seems like something they are rather excited about.

@krayzkrok @Alistair

Though they hadn’t planned to do so, the prototype had been updated with a couple of tweaks, including the ability to invert controls. There’s also a gamma slider and a couple of graphics options can be disabled (chromatic aberration and motion blur.

We also have the first footage of in-cockpit view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbFeLz1I38&feature=youtu.be

Woohoo!

Seems like yours should be inverted already mate :)

:)

I’ll give this another go but the floaty reticule is still making it a little hard to handle. I hope they have whatever options were in the first game.