Everspace - Rogue-lite space combat meets Unreal 4

I am very bad at this game, but I finally made it to sector 2 on Normal. :D

Me, 10 seconds ago: “Man, I remember looking at this game a long while back, this seems cool. Did I play it? Maybe I replied in this very thread, I’ll hit the HOME key and see if I ever did…”

Me, 9 seconds ago: “Fucking hell.”

If they ever make a sequel, I hope they improve joystick support. Never could get smooth joystick control in this game.

My middle-aged reflexes aren’t good enough for this game.

:(

It sure is pretty though.

Improved joystick support won’t happen since joysticks themselves aren’t manufactured anymore. No one except Thrustmaster who makes a few low volume SKUs of flight sim models.

Every death let’s you upgrade something a little though so it’s ok to spend a bunch of lives just working out what’s going on… Certainly took me a while :)

What helped me was trying out the different ships. I never got a good feel with the starter ship. I enjoyed the scout and the sentinel.

I could never find a way to make the controls feel good - always felt like I was fighting the game to get the ship pointed where I wanted. That sapped the joy out of the whole enterprise very quickly.

I loved the sentinel! I had an artifact that halves my health, but, whenever you jumped, you automatically set the health to 50%. So, it worked shields then.

Um, Logitech still makes sticks, as do Saitek, you weirdo.

What control system were you using? Pretty sure @BrianRubin said it’s best with keyboard and mouse.

Tried both a controller and M&KB and didn’t really like the feel of either. This happens every once in awhile - it’s purely a personal issue and not really a reflection on the game.

The devs mentioned they designed it primarily for M+K.

Welp.

The rumors are true: We have been working on a new space game for quite some time. Of course, we had a good look at your feedback on EVERSPACE™, and one wish clearly stood out.

Even though many fans liked our innovative concept of combining fast-paced space combat with rogue-like elements and exciting storytelling set in a colorful science fiction world, many space game enthusiasts are longing for an open-world space shooter with classic RPG elements in the iconic vibrant audiovisual style and the intense action gameplay of EVERSPACE™.

Well, we got good news: You will be able to explore a vivid open world featuring persistent progression in our new space game.

There will be lots of exciting things to discover; from wacky aliens over mysterious space anomalies to a wide variety of enemies who will stand in your way in the everlasting quest for better loot; our new game will get down to business right away, and space will look even prettier than ever.

Reveal on August 19.

I uninstalled Everspace to free some HD space for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

Just saying.

Sweet. That sounds very promising.

I hope Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is a huge success and hopefully this new Everspace game is a good one too and also is financially successful. Bring back the space sim people! Woooo! We know there’s money in the genre from all the money people are putting into Star Citizen. Now we just need that money to go into actual games that will be finished.

That sounds pretty good to me. Everspace was pretty cool, but I’d much prefer an open galaxy I can exist in. That’s just a me thing, though, I like having a “world” where I exist and that gives context to the missions I’m doing.

As long as it works the same in VR, definitely in.

This. So much.

I wonder why we call them sims. I think Kerbal was a Sim right? These are much more space opera :) I hope we see more space opera.