Evil Genius 2. Eviler. Geniuser.

Thanks everyone for the help :)

I’m a little confused how I’d hide a door with a wall?
When you say locked door. Is that just a normal door with level 3 assigned to it, or a different kind of door? In your trap corridor, why do you have so many doors, instead of just leaving them out?

Hide the door from line of sight with a wall. I haven’t experimented with that but I read about it.

Err I could be confusing doors, I think in this evil genius the level of the door doesn’t matter. You can experiment.

Doors are so you group up the enemies, so they can all get hit at once. It also makes them waste time.

Ahhh excellent. Yes, I was just getting one stray lol

Awesome, so those tips worked well! I love watching the enemies going through the traps. So much fun :)

I have to say, after being sick, and my body being messed up, this game was so perfect for me. Not frantic or hard, but fun and good entertainment.

Huge 2 Gig patch for the game. Lots of QoL improvements.

After Bridge Constructor, Evil Genius is next in line to get the Portal treatment.

Looking at the last few patches, I see toilets were added. Obviously a needed addition.

a97fd07b875e679c30909cde12b9f2257713d82a

Thinking of grabbing this during the Steam sale. Have the patches improved it to the point of making it worthwhile?

It’s on gamepass now, but I haven’t had time to play it.

I thought it was worthwhile to begin with, but they’ve definitely addressed some of the issues. It’s still fundamentally the same game though.

I loved it. Some people hooked on EG1 have been critical.

I only just started playing this recently on Gamepass. I really enjoyed EG1, and I’m getting as much enjoyment out of this. Since I only started playing recently, I have no idea what the nature of the complaints were before.

That said, the only issue I have the game is how very tedious dealing with the World Stage stuff is… so tedious that I often ignore it and then have problems running out of cash. I wish it was easier to navigate and interact with the World Stage.

Whiny, entitled babies. Seriously. In the Steam forum I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a more rotten group of lurkers ready to pounce and be awful to anyone who praises the game or any time the developers post. It’s sickening.

Since the was very much reduced, I figured I’d pick it up. I loved the first game, despite the obvious flaws.

It’s basically the same game! However, I think they missed the mark on a fair bit. The humour falls a bit flat, whereas the original was much more charming. I’m not sure they’ve improved much beyond graphics, and some aspects - controls and UI perhaps? Which weren’t great in the original - seem worse.

I’m sure I’ll get my money’s worth, but I’m glad I didn’t expect much from it.

The traps work differently. Agents are not as dumb as before. They actually have line of sight and make decisions at branches.

Ah cool! I’ve not got there yet. Definitely keen to get back into it.