Evolution 2017 - "I thought his brain would be exposed there!"

Maybe, but Arcsys games are still pretty impenetrable. If the can figure out a way to make the games complex and rewarding, but less difficult to initially get your head around, I think they stand a good chance of toppling Capcom and Netherealm.

PC. No crossplay, alas, so I guess you won’t get to see how awful I really am. ;)

Man, I love watching Punk play. This guy is so slick.

Knuckledu bags!

Arcsys occasionally does simpler games. Persona was simpler, and DBFZ is supposed to be in the same vein. Persona did really well too, I expect a P5 Arena at some point.

not going to count Battle Fantasia, even if I’d really want a Battle Fantasia char in that Arcsys crossover game. Also would want Kenshiro.

That’s true. I only played a bit of Persona Arena before my PS3 was stolen, but it was definitely more approachable. Great game, I hope they do a P5 version. :)

Alas, my suckiness will remain enigmatic.

Winner spoiler:

TOOO-KIIII-DOOOOOO!!!

Loser spoiler:

I felt like Punk was winning too much and I hate unstoppable forces in any sport, so I was kind of rooting for him to lose. But it broke my heart to see him in tears up there at just 18 years old, and I know the US has been trying to win this tournament in Street Fighter for almost a decade now. I’m in his corner now. I hope he comes back and kills it!

My big thing was the Geese Howard announce. My all-time favorite fighting game design in the fighting game I currently play.

I just wish SNK’s announcement was a game with Geese instead of guest character Geese, and KOF14 wasn’t anything special.

Next year may be my most likely shot to ever make one of these things- maybe you can see me choke on stream again.

Punk took it really hard but hopefully he will learn from this and come back stronger. Tokido played like a 32 year old man with all the experience and cool that entails. It was a great win for a guy who has come close many times before.

Yeah, it was tough to see the emotional breakdown of Punk, but I was happy to see Tokido win. He really worked hard for that and definitely earned it. Age and experience really won out over youth and vigor last night, but is was hard to watch the nerves finally hit Punk in Grand Finals.