Evolution 2017 - "I thought his brain would be exposed there!"

Starts today! Here’s your Stream schedule. KOF XIV Top 8 is the first finals going off. That’s tonight at 11PM EDT.

Get the hype!

So excited! This is my favorite gaming weekend of the year. :D

I want to see some of that Dragonball game.

I love watching these. High level fighting game play is almost incomprehensibly tense. The level of skill is nuts.

Casual matches running now. Looks amazing!

My only exposure to that is that Smash Brothers documentary. Gosh, that thing was good. Such a fascinating insight into a scene with some key players, most of whom got interviewed for the documentary.

Mostly interested in the Tekken and the new game announces this year.

SFV Season 2 is really boring to watch, and almost as boring to play right now. Too much easy offense and really skewed balance.

DBFZ is going to be huge, especially if Marvel flops like I expect.

I still love watching UMvC3. I’m looking forward to everything on Sunday to be honest. Smash Bros. for Wii U is wide open. I’ll have it streaming all weekend long. :)

Not off to a good start, unfortunately

Looks like it was online registration and people just didn’t show up. Since the game isn’t done and it’s harder to show up than sign up, it probably doesn’t mean much for the game’s future.

I don’t think it means much- esp with many folks probably have events during that time.

DBFZ will be huge at Evo 2018, my guess is it will do Smash numbers.

So are they not playing tomorrow now?

I watched a bit of the DBFZ replay but now I’m sucked into Guilty Gear.

What is the “left behind” meme for EVO?

The left behind meme is Capcom’s PR guy saying “haters will be left behind” as a response to all the criticism the game has rightfully received. Their PR guy is pretty much the Derek Smart of PR, he does a great job of just angering the playerbase more and more.

So it’s a way of folks venting anger at Capcom- SF5 hate is a bit of a meme in itself, though there is plenty of reason to crap on the game. It’s the Elemental War of Magic of fighting games in terms of the mistakes, and they really haven’t improved the fundamental problems enough yet (that said, the input delay problem is an engine problem and might not be improvable, Tekken has similar issues, though it’s not as bad in Tekken due to Tekken always having higher input delay due to its nature as a 3d game)

The sad thing is that looking at the upcoming MvCI, it really looks like Capcom has learned nothing and forgotten nothing, the exact opposite of Stardock’s response.

Watched a bunch of pools for SF5 yesterday and I have to echo the sentiments of @Alstein that Season 2 just isn’t that much fun to watch. I’ve mostly adjusted to playing Season 2, but I’m definitely not as into it as I was with Season 1. I hope “Super” or Season 3 is more to my liking (and we get my gal Sakura!)

I caught a bit of Guilty Gear which was pretty fun to watch. I play a bit of GG, but it’s really complex and I don’t have a partner in crime to learn with, still it’s really fun to watch!

I’m a bit more positive on MvCI than most of the Internet seems to be, and I thought the demo was pretty fun. I’m a bit of a sucker for super heroes though, so that probably has something to do with it. I’m still looking forward to that one. I’m less excited for DBZ, but mostly because I kinda hate the IP. If it’s a fun enough game though, I imagine I will pick it up so I can suck at that too. :)

Losers Finals for Smash Melee right now.

Hungrybox v. mang0

Armada is waiting…

Lots of great matches today. Marvel vs. Capcom 3’s swansong was hype. Tekken 7 has been a lot of fun so far. Aris is one of my favorite fighting game commentators by far.

Smash is on Disney XD at 6PM EDT. Street Fighter V later at 10PM on ESPN2.

I have Rev 2, but I’m so pathetic at it that I don’t think I’d be much of a help. I even play SP with the “Stylish” mode on most of the time.

Anyway, I play the game, so if you need anything let me know. ;)

Had it on I the background after dinner, and got pretty into it by the end. That was a pretty enjoyable finals, and the very last stock was pretty epic.

Blazblue finals were hype as hell. Tekken was fun, and Geese Howard is one of my favorite characters ever, so this guarantees I stick with Tekken for a while.

That Persona/Blazblue/RWBY crossover fighter is like a modern-day Marvel 2. Just throw stuff together and see what works. Hopefully it works like Marvel 2 did.

Fighting Layer - I really wish it was on Steam and not PS4 exclusive. It looks interesting.

Throw in DBFZ and I think Arcsys is on the path to overtaking Capcom.

N[quote=“rhamorim, post:17, topic:130635, full:true”]

I have Rev 2, but I’m so pathetic at it that I don’t think I’d be much of a help. I even play SP with the “Stylish” mode on most of the time.

Anyway, I play the game, so if you need anything let me know. ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, I’m awful. We might have some fun games. I also have Rev 2, I’m on PS4 though. You?