Explosion outside San Francisco storefront

There was just an explosion down the street from the building I work in.

Here’s a pic I got from our window after we were let back in:

yikes

Those are cracks in your window, right? Were they caused by the explosion?

Those look like street car cables to me.

Oh, I see now (with the aid of one more level of zoom). Just like the old Rice-A-Roni commercials.

Its the San Fransisco Treat.

Word is it was just a transformer exploding, no enemy action suspected.

Autobot or Decepticon? HAHA! :?

Here’s a video our UPS guy got with one of our video cameras right after the explosion and just before they started evacuating us from the area:

http://www.picapic.net/media/2DGH5H3

Whoa your UPS guy bored or what?? :)

— Alan

Nah, we give him video cameras so he can take video for us to test with. His truck was parked about half a block away from the explosion when it happened.

UC you should send that to your local news station and give your UPS guy props.

Local news stations actually interviewed him, and filmed the video being played on the viewfinder of the camera. With our logo and everything :)

Nice. Good PR /nod

I was on a bus on Geary when the explosion happened. Didn’t hear it, but all of a sudden every police car, fire truck, and ambulance in the city turned on its sirens and went screaming by, and we knew something was up. When we got to Market, some guy yelled at the bus driver that there’s been an explosion, and traffic halted to a grind because the cops were cordening off streets. The driver let us off in the middle of the street cause no one was moving, and there were huge crowds of people milling about, and people were talking about some kind of explosion at the Crocker Galleria (basically a small shopping center that’s popular with the downtown lunchtime crowd), and you know what kind of conclusions you come to in that situation.

Sheesh, you must have felt like filling your pants. Or, at least, avoiding the Hell out of the GGBridge and the rest. Regardless, could you all like not blow up your city for at least a few more months? I have tix to the Niners/Cowboys on Sept. 25th.

Sheesh, you must have felt like filling your pants. Or, at least, avoiding the Hell out of the GGBridge and the rest. Regardless, could you all like not blow up your city for at least a few more months? I have tix to the Niners/Cowboys on Sept. 25th.[/quote]

Heh. Bill, your compassion overwhelms me. :wink:

Not only that, Bill Dungsroman, but do you ever check your PMs?

Oh, shit.