F-Zero GX: Antipathy!

Thanks for the info. I have being practicing a whole bunch more and im sure ill figure it out eventually. Also… that level with the bomb on your machine was really cool.

I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with you on a game more than this, Tom. F-Zero GX rocks really hard. I opened the Diamond Cup last night without much trouble once I got secure with the tracks in Emerald. The Diamond Cup courses are devious but all incredibly entertaining. I especially love the first with its three paths.

If you’re still having trouble, I highly recommend buying the Mighty Hurricane driven by Roger Buster. It has superb handling and boost that will rocket you to 2000km/h on some tracks. It just can’t take a ton of punishment. After beating Emerald and checking out Diamond, I won the Expert level Cup on Ruby. Combat is becoming a lot more important and more risk must be taken to win. This is just great, great stuff that any self-respecting race game fan should own. My kids love it and the five year old even beat me on one of the ovals last night so it’s really not that hard. My wife was able to pick it up and play reasonably well right away too. She certainly wasn’t turned off by it from the get-go.

I think all the talk of difficulty is just way over the top. This game is not hard, it’s challenging. It rewards skill building as all good action games should do. If you just want to push a button and win, that’s not going to happen here and rightfully so. This is a game in the purest sense of the word. When I win a close race against the Expert AI, I feel like I really did something. Accomplishments feel great in this title as they should. I can’t wait to get the AX tracks and experimentation with building my own vehicle has been super enjoyable so far too.

–Dave

…and one more thing! The music kicks ass!

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?threadid=53340

–Dave

Speaking of Gaming Age and music and bad taste ( :wink: ), Dave, if you see Mr. Cathcart, tell him I waded the cesspool-like muck of GA to post some thoughts on Symphonia for him since no one here would be much interesed in that and if he doesn’t see it, I’m going to get :evil: and shout Majinken and kick his ass! Okay?

Oh yeah, music. Tales of Symphonia’s music ROXORS YOUR BOXORS! F-Zero’s does NOT! :wink: Symphonia…game that sounds like a math problem…Symphonia…game that sounds like a math problem…which one do you think would have better music anyway?

Woo! Shinyaku! Symphonia! Mori mori! runs around in circles

-Kitsune

I’ll be sure to nag him to check GAF first thing in the morning for your post. I think he’s in major depression because of tendonitis in his hands or something preventing him from gaming. Poor guy…

–Dave