Faëria - online strategy card game

A lot of that is coming shortly. They are busy adding and rebalancing cards. And saving decks is also due shortly. The beta is meant to run for 7 months, I think. So they have lots of time to keep improving the game. but it might make sense for you to cancel your pledge if you’d rather revisit it after launch, rather than support it now.

Wendelius

Well, I hope that stuff keeps coming. I’m keeping it for now, and I’ll likely at least go to the $15 level from $25 and stay in the beta.

I think I’m finding the idea of a CCG with cards that you have to earn in-game to be a great idea on paper. The reality is a little more mixed. With no mechanism to get hold of the cards you want, you really have to find the game compelling to want to play the dozens of games required to acquire better cards.

I’ll keep trudging along and see how it goes.

Ugh. The latest patch introduced a bug that allows you to play color creatures on any land. Blows a big part of the resource strategy out of the water if you can drop your best cards anywhere. And, of course, people are constantly exploiting the bug in matches. If I wasn’t still winning some of them even though I play by the rules, I’d have to quit until the next patch.

Charmtrap, I really think being able to save multiple decks is going to help a lot with your concern. And trading isn’t great right now, but at least it’s there if you’re looking for something specific.

So is it that creatures need to be played on their color and buildings don’t? That’s what it seems like to me since I bought in about a week ago. Colored buildings just seem to need the land requirement but not be required to be on that type of land but creatures seem to need to be played on that type of land.

Also - what does the point value under my avatar mean?

Yep, color creatures are summoned on their corresponding land, but structures can be summoned anywhere once the prerequisites are met.

The point value is your Achievement score. Check out the Achievement tab in the UI for more details.

Okay, I think I’m sold enough on the game to back it for real. Anybody want to go in on a Trinity level with me? It comes with four additional beta/release keys, so I would be willing to coordinate and distribute if I could get four other folks willing to PayPal me $15 a piece right after the Kickstarter ends.

WHAT I GET

• All of the lovely goodies of the $100 level
  • Responsibility of getting four other people their keys

WHAT YOU GET

• The game for $10 off
  • Another beta key to give to whomever you like

RISKS AND CHALLENGES

• Beta is going to last another seven months or so, so it will be a while before you see the actual release key (unless they give it to me right away).
  • You may decide you hate Faëria in the interim (though I doubt it).
  • You have to trust some guy on the internet.

PM me if interested. Thanks!

There’s some other bugs as well. One of my cards that blocks creatures from gaining faeria doesn’t work at all.

The Orchid of Something? Yeah, I noticed that, too. Tiki Song is another that’s screwed up. It’s probably a good idea to check out the bug forum to see which cards to avoid for the moment.

They’re about ten minutes away from patching the summoning bug. Hope it works!

Oh nice! I’ve been avoiding this and playing Hearthstone instead. While I think this game is better overall, Hearthstone is so easy to pick up and play and has a much smaller time commitment. Also, I think Faeria needs to allow us to get memoria from friendly matches. Even if it’s gimped. If I put 30 minutes into a game with a friends that should be worth something! Hearthstone gives you exp at least.

The summoning bug patch did work.

Levelling up does seem to increase memoria gain- as does long even matches. Most matches seem to be me holding out for a time-out, or trying to force my enemy into attacking. It’s strange to be able to turtle in a card game.

I cancelled my KS backing today for similar reasons. I don’t really enjoy being an alpha tester for a game many months from launch. I’ll check back mid-2014 and see how they’re doing.

I’m frustrated as hell with the economy of the game and having to trade to be competitive at all , but I don’t see the game as one-dimensional at all- though it’s color dependent.

Red is turtling and trying to avoid combat , Blue is army synergy, Yellow is rush, Green is econ

I guess it depends on what you mean by competitive. I haven’t done any trading, and I’m still winning enough to buy higher level boosters to get stronger tweaks to my deck. My record isn’t setting the world on fire, but it’s good enough for me to still be enjoying the game.

It’s not the game; the game itself is fun. But I’m only really interested in playing a match or three per day, and that’s just too slow to gather a card collection. At that rate I can buy one new 400-memoria pack every 3 days or so.

They could solve a lot of the problems around trading by making Memoria tradeable. They need some sort of fungible commodity to facilitate trading, without having to trade cards one-for-one. I’m sure it’s coming, and once it’s here it’ll make the game worth playing.

This improves as you gain levels. I’m at level 15, and I can get over 400 memoria if I win three games. And that’s only halfway through the current experience system (cap at level 30). That doesn’t negate your point: It does take some time (and plenty of matches) to get the memoria train rolling. But I think the system is set up to encourage buying lower level boosters until your experience goes up (and, presumably, you’re playing people with stronger decks).

Of course, my problem is that I desperately need certain commons, but I get too taken by the allure of the shiny, shiny Rare and Legendary boosters.

While yes, I am getting much higher levels of Memory as I hit higher levels (currently 12), I just logged on and it seems everyone received 5000 Memories. It doesn’t sound like it was only to certain levels of funders but will help you to get a robust deck going.

It does scale with level.

The 5000 gives everyone a shot to get some legendaries, and you often get at least a lesser card you can use as well.

Yes, except that I got the same Legendary in the three packs I bought, which would have been awesome if it was a card I wanted. Which it wasn’t.

Hm. I got 7500 somehow…not that I’m complaining.