Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Never trust anyone whose name begins with DeV.

The reporter knows this because several people after the meeting called him and told him about it.

The swampiest of swamps.

“Investigations into the for-profit college operators DeVry, Bridgepoint Education, and Career Education Corporation have essentially gone dark. In August, the secretary named Julian Schmoke Jr., a former dean at DeVry, as the department’s new chief enforcement officer, making him head of the team charged with policing fraud in higher education.”

Can’t let regulations get in the way of profit. After all, the only thing at stake is our children’s education.

edit: Sorry Ron, you posted this already!

Pfft. Not our children, this only affects the children of the poors. We can afford an actual education.

Because of course she’s doing that. God forbid capitalists have even one thing they can’t make money from.

For-profit education is a study in perverse incentives.

In theory, for profit and private should have been fine if the accrediting and accountability process was more of a real thing than it is. The system we have now private schools definitely does not work.

See the Iran thread for more:

xzxzxzxz

All of these people need the guillotine.

I’m getting a broken image there, and following the link goes to a broken link URL.

This is America.

Is that fixed?

Yes.

Now it is, thanks.

Anderson made that comic 2 months ago. Pretty prescient.

If saying the sun will rise tomorrow is prescient, yes.

Doesn’t surprise me that Kim is running circles around Trump. This isn’t his first rodeo.

Also, Kim takes this stuff seriously. His own personal survival and the future of his country are at risk if he screws it up.

Trump just wants to play golf and watch Fox News.

I’m thinking Trump would be happy enough with a deal that sounds like a breakthrough and holds together until after the midterms. Get “a wonderful deal, truly amazing” and maybe prevent the Dems from taking the House. If it turns out later that NK just pockets the aid no denuclearization actually happened it’s time for “Who could have seen this coming?”.

So they went ahead and did it:

These newfangled gadgets are just a passing craze anyway, like velocipedes or votes for women. The real men in the White House have real things to do! Like being out-negotiated by small time dictators!