Failing Trump administration. Sad!

True enough. My concern–caveat, I know nothing really about this person–is that given Trump’s less than rigorous search and vetting criteria, he might just have picked a long-service officer at random. Not everyone is suited to run an organization like that, no matter how good the are/were in a day to day role.

This is true, but perhaps my bar has been lowered at this point, such that the mere fact that she’s actually competent at her job, and not literally a traitor to our country makes me happy.

Yes, the bar is pretty low these days.

Well we assume she’s competent and isn’t a partisan hack. Is there really evidence of that second part though? I can’t imagine he would name someone that doesn’t match with his line of thinking at this point.

She must be good in Trump’s mind because she was fine with torture.

Everyone he’s fired has been hired at one point, so his vetting may be suspect.

In the past 48 hours:

• Rex calls out Russia for using bio agent to attempt assassination in England.

• Trump fires Rex.

• Trump fires guy who defends Rex.

• Republican members of House Intelligence Committee declare “No collusion” found in Russia probe.

Seems like Trump and the GOP are really bad at subtle…and timing…and optics…and, well, just about everything.

Seems that way… to us.

In Trumplandia? Everything is GREAT AGAIN!

It’ll be really weird when all this insanity is over and we have a normal Democrat in office. Then we can look forward to the regular GOP fare, like “Did Harris marry a white man to enslave him?” or “Was Booker born in Kenya? Hannity says Yes”.

Via Twitter.

The President of the United States fired his Secretary of state, BY TWEETING.

Does everyone grasp the absolute insanity of that statement?

Since it keeps cropping up in posts, nerve agents are chemical weapons not biological.

It’s exactly the same amount of graspable as “Donald Trump has been elected President of the United States.”

The sad truth is that it surprises no one.

It surprises no one, and angers and distresses far fewer than most of us would like, because so many people have already dismissed democratic government as, at best, unworkable, and at worst, an evil machination of, I dunno, Satan or something.

In the age of instant everything, I guess no one hast the stomach for partial solutions, compromises, patient diplomacy, and all of that. Or, for that matter, basic civility.

Sorry no. If she is taking this job and clearly a trump supporter the presumption must be she is an incompetent clown. This has been proven true in every other instance so why should we assume any different here?

The crazy circus gets even stranger.

I think that Trump literally does not know that he already appointed Perry as the secretary of energy.

It’s like Trump, when he doesn’t like someone, just picks a random name from his head to replace him and says, “this guy!”

And then Pruitt and Carson for their sins? It could be a daily show

Well, it’s not like the Energy secretary actually does anything. It’s just a few random agencies that get on well enough on their own, and a little opportunity for graft from the coal and fracking companies. So it can be vacant forever with no harm done. But you can’t have VA vacant or it means you don’t support the troops…

Is there a rule that says you can’t be in charge of two departments at the same time? Maybe Trump is onto something here!

Exactly this. Occam’s Razor in this case points to anyone that shitgibbon likes as being prima facie incompetent, corrupt and unqualified. This counts for people previously thought of as competent. Or good at torture.