Fantastic Four: Cousin Ritchie and Mando join the MCU

Official main cast (I couldn’t think of something for Vanessa Kirby and I don’t recognize Joseph Quinn offhand) just got announced:

I doubt it will happen, but I still would love to see Steven Yuen as Doctor Doom.

The White Widow comes to the MCU! No wait, not that one.

So, is the Thing going to be dealing pot out of his friend’s brother’s restaurant?

That’s kind of a wild cast. Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Ben is nutty. I can see it, but it’s still nutty.

Also, I really need a scene where Joseph Quinn’s Human Torch meets old man Steve Rogers.

Or a What-If’d Killmonger. Or Thing meets Microchip.

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1757842320152801401

If the embed doesn’t work, or if you don’t want to give Elon any clicks:

H.E.R.B.I.E. in the house.

Promising cast. But then I’m never worried about that - the MCU generally never has a problem with casting - although several great actors have been wasted in the roles they’ve been given.

I’m more worried what the script will be like. The writing has pretty much fallen off a cliff post-Endgame and I’ve yet to see anything to convince me this will turn it around. Kaplan and Springer already seemed to me to be taking a risk - replacing those two with Friedman doesn’t exactly fill me with more confidence (I don’t rate Avatar 2 very highly), and news that it’s gone through yet another rewrite after Friedman… Paradoxically, multiple rewrites in films rarely seem to mean better…

And I doubt the Director will save it if the script is bad. I enjoyed WandaVision, but not because of the directing.

The bar for “best Fantastic Four movie EVAR!” is set pretty low.

Sure, but it seems to me as if Disney basically has two opportunities left, if they’re going to succeed in reviving the MCU: Fantasic Four and the X-Men, whenever they come. I’m sure Spider-Man will continue printing money, but he can’t carry the franchise on his own, and I don’t see any other of their properties who can do so with the original Avengers played out.

Never going to understand the decision-making that goes on behind these films. Sometimes, Ryan George (Pitch Meeting)'s take seems more realistic than whatever likely did happen.

My wife sat through this recently. Scoffs were scoffed.

Well, this is quite the vibe.