Fantasy Flight's Marvel Champions! Excelsior, 'nuff said, clobberin' time, I can do this all day, etc., etc.!

Sigh. Well, that explains a lot. :(

I’ve been playing him simply because someone gave me a Doctor Strange comic book after we saw the movie, and I read it, and liked it, and wondered, “Hey, what’s a game I have with Doctor Strange?”

Man, that’s really a bummer to hear.

Ha, I’ve been using him a lot and wondering what I was missing. Sure, it’s nice to use that 13 damage superpower, and maybe he’s hobbled by his default Aggression deck, but he did feel pretty limited. Maybe it’s just because he doesn’t necessarily ramp up as much as the other characters. But I’m not surprised to hear this.

I’m not a fan of the scaling system. I think it sacrifices too much, and changes the fundamental gameplay too much. For me personally, playing on “standard” is little more than a way to test the flow of a hero’s deck. Until you implement the “expert” stuff, you’re not seeing enough of the game’s systems in play. But again, I haven’t played too deeply into the content!

And now it sounds like this is another game that I have to scale myself. Which I’ve inadvertently been doing by playing Doctor Strange and Hulk!

-Tom