Far Cry 2

Do we have a thread for this game? I didn’t see anything.

Well, here is a new trailer in Ign, the official E3 2008 trailer.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/951257/far-cry-2-/videos/farcry2_071408.html
Of course it doesn’t show a lot, there are longer videos of the game with only gameplay. Check the previous one in the same page, for example.

I’m guessing the voice over is this guy: http://reubenblog.typepad.com/

Really enjoying all the work they’re putting into the world/setting. Looking forward to this one.

Yeah, I’d say the deceiving your enemy video is interesting as well as the ubidays thing, auto-fellating aside.

I’m sure it will have aliens or mutants or some other equally stupid shit to ruin everything.

Crytek isn’t making this one, so there’s no reason for a ham-fisted introduction of a higher power.

Prior discussion:

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=44770

no aliens or mutants, mercifully. :)

“There are no fucking mutants in this game,” said producer Louis-Pierre Pharand, speaking to German site PCGames.de at a recent press event in Canada.

“No mutants, no monsters, no magic, no psychic powers,” added director Clint Hocking.

Isn’t it time they changed the name? I’m not sure what good being labelled as a Far Cry sequel is doing for it, at this point.

Well, Ubi has a tradition for keeping the brand but changing everything else.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Not Far Cry 2, but Crysis Warhead, a new little trailer:

Well, as long as they’re being respectful about it, I guess that’s okay.

Forgive my ignorance, but were these two involved in the original game?
Seems like a very high level of bitterness if they were - was there pressure from somewhere that forced the inclusion of monsters?

They might just be bitter from all the complaints they got about them.

Were they involved in the original then?

I hate this shit (ad in Gamespot, i think):

Yes they were. The first 60% or so of Fary Cry, when you were island hopping and fighting merc’s were by far the best part of the game in just about everyone’s opinion. Then you ran into the Trigen company and mutant creatures and the game play mechanics changed, the difficulty went up, and all most everyone hated it. Crytek then repeated this mistake with Crysis. Most people really enjoyed taking on the North koreans in many different ways. Then the aliens get involved, again the origional gameplay mechanics go out the window, and very few people liked it from that point on. Hence the vitriol.

No, they were not at Crytek.

I really enjoyed Far Cry up until the Trigens popped out.

I really enjoyed Crysis up until the aliens popped out.

I really enjoyed Sin Episodes: Emergence until the mutants popped out.

I’m really getting sick of mutants and aliens shitting all over my otherwise awesome shooters. Far Cry 2 looks to me like manna from heaven right now.

I really liked Crysis, and even slogged through that god awful alien spaceship or whatever it was, until I emerged from the other side into evil aliens from hell and that’s where I decided I’d had enough. Really glad they aren’t going that route again.