February 14, 2011: wallet threat level green

Title February 14, 2011: wallet threat level green
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games
When February 14, 2011

Hey, look, it's Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (pictured?). Which, yep, is another fighting game. What sets this one apart from other fighting games is that, uh, it's more colorful? I'm actually not sure. I'm going to have to consult with an expert..

Read the full article

Other than the obvious point of it being flashy and over the top, MvC3 is different because

1) it has marvel super heroes and villains mashed up with capcom favorites. Where else can you see Viewtiful Joe beating the living tar out of that smug bastard Tony Stark (Iron Man) ? Or Arthur the knight from Ghosts & Ghouls, in his underpants, throwing a billion lances at Thor's stupid face?

2) it isn't as focused on hard to understand minute exploits of hit-frame information and has long input-buffer accumulation -- IE it's easier to play for fighting game novices ... it also offers a simplified easy-mode option if you would prefer less buttons and easier combos/supers/etc.

If I wanted to beat up Tony Stark, I would have bought Def Jam Vendetta.

Larsen: No, that's the fake Johnny Blaze

Whatever happened to secret identities? With a name like Blaze, he's practically announcing he's the Human Torch!