Final Fantasy XI - Anyone still playing?

That’s right, I’m starting FFXI and Planetside in the same week. It’s like MMO game Survivor, we’ll see which one makes it past the free trial month.

I’m thinking about making an Elvaan warrior and eventually turning her into a Dragoon/Warrior, or (if I play enough) a Dragoon/Samurai. So is anyone still on Phoenix? If so, is there a linkpass available? And if not, how can I tell which server I’m on during character creation? I’ll kill a few hours trying to get on the right server if I have to.

OK, forget you people, got Phoenix on my third try :D Woo hoo! My PlayOnline ID is Cathcart and my character’s name is Mamba, from San d’Oria.

I don’t think many other people are playin that read the forums, but I’m still playing with 3 of my personal friends. You are welcome to join us and our Linkshell. My handle is Nobruzzal. Feel free to add me to your friends list with /befriend Nobruzzal.

Hey thanks, maybe I’ll see you around. Right now I am completely wrecking the rabbits and worms in the vicinity of San d’Oria. Ph3@r me, small woodland creatures!

… on Leviathan… my handle is Synic, my character is Tramain (Elvaan/San D’oria 24th Warrior, 16th Monk, 12th Thief, 8th Red Mage)

I’m on Phoenix still. “Xemm” or “Xemutaru”. Pretty low level (11th Warrior with Xemm, which is my highest level).

Feh. Xemu says he’s still on Phoenix–but he’s really playing PlanetSide, instead. ;)

I still play on Midgardsormr. Currently playing a Drk/Thf. Like anything, I go through spells of more or less interest, I’ve played a fair amount in the last couple of weeks since switching to Drk.

I’ve been playing for a few weeks, and I absolutely love it. Although I’m on Odin, not Phoenix. Feh.

Still, great game. Aside from being an MMO, it’s the best team-based game I’ve ever played.

I’m thinking of trying it again when the PS2 version comes out. I just couldn’t get past the UI in the PC version.

What was the problem with it?

It was made for the console and showed. Very mouse/windows unfriendly. I’m told people got used to it.

I like that about it. You get used to it, yeah, but the best thing is to just use a gamepad.

I can’t believe I didn’t even consider that. Man, now I have to go buy a gamepad.

Hey, if anyone here needs Earth Crystals, let me know. I think I have all of them. Jeez, what the heck do you do with these things? I mean I know theoretically what you can do with them, but I’m not doing much of that stuff now. Do people actually buy these things at auction? Because my moogle storage space is full with a ton of crystals and I can’t carry anything else. Should I just sell them to the shops? Seems like a waste.

I’ll tell you one thing, though. I fear no worm, be they tunnel or carrion. Before long I’ll be running this world.

How many do you have? Probably not as many as you think. The crystals are used for crafts, so I recommend either selling them in stacks (dozens) at the auction house, or taking up a craft that uses them.

Also, I really hope you learn soon just how vicious worms can be :twisted:.

Damn, I wish you were on my server is what I wish.

OK, a bit of exaggeration, but how many more could I possibly have? Almost my entire inventory is full of crystals. Can I stack things up so they take fewer slots? Are you able to carry more later on? Right now I have my inventory plus the Moogle stash, I think that’s like 80 items total, right? Most of that is crystals.

How do you sell a stack in the auction? And why the heck is the auction house barely even mentioned in the manual? Is there a secret manual somewhere I don’t know about?

Sorry for all of the questions. I really like the game, but I’ve never played a MMORPG other than A Tale In the Desert. Maybe this stuff would make more sense if I had.

OK ok ok, do this: go to your inventory and press (+), then select auto, then yes. Then do the same in your mog safe. It should stack items that can be (crystals stack up to 12). That’ll help out a lot, most likely.

You’d be having more fun on Odin, by the way. I hear the other servers are lame :-p.

I’d recommend buying a PSX->USB converter piece from Lik-Sang or a similar online store, as opposed to a gamepad made specifically for the PC. Then, if you are like me, you can just use the dual shock for your PS1 that has been gathering dust (or your PS2 controller if you own one of those).

I’d recommend buying a PSX->USB converter piece from Lik-Sang or a similar online store, as opposed to a gamepad made specifically for the PC. Then, if you are like me, you can just use the dual shock for your PS1 that has been gathering dust (or your PS2 controller if you own one of those).[/quote]

I second this recommendation, though I use a PS2 controller.