Financial capers, crimes and carousels

until very recently it was the most sorted stock in the market, there are MASSIVE incentives to misunderstand and bash it.
I dont have the energy to argue a lot about it tbh, but my abbreviated view is not that tesla will ‘pull through’ or ‘win’. They already won. Some people haven’t checked the scores yet.

There’s someone on both sides of that short transaction; almost certainly another financial institution betting that Tesla will rise. Equal incentives backed by equal money and equal voice.

I think both things can be true. Tesla is a very good company that is doing well and will do even better, also that the CEO has reached that stage where he needs to focus and should bring in a COO or, probably even better, do a Google and hire someone who can be the CEO while he focuses on what he loves, innovating and making new stuff.

As I mentioned before, manipulating the stock price of a public company by a CEO is a really big deal, even the whiff of it is bad. I hope the investigation finds he did nothing wrong but the regulatory bodies in the US tend to take this very seriously indeed.

tl:dr I agree with everyone :)

My friend, a long-time employee and fairly high up in the organization, yesterday texted "Seriously this place is a mess, total train wreck and I have front row seat.

I listened to Joe Rogan podcast, (Joe has great guests and ask interesting questions but good I wish there was an editor would trim them down to 60-90 minutes.). Elon continue to sounds like he is a close to a nervous breakdown. But Joe made a good point what the hell are you doing making flamethrowers?

I hope the nex COO works, Gwynne Shotwell is just terrific for SpaceX, they need her clone at Tesla. I kinda of wish that Elon had perfected human cloning before starting the other companies it would come in real handy right now.

I know a number of folks there as well as many former employees. They all echo that position. Great tech. Great vision. Brilliant people. Absolute shitshow of an organization.

There is a Rogan high point. A certain peak, after it all starts sliding downhill. It is this.

It’s a shame because it’s the best car I’ve ever owned. Hopefully, they can get some solid management in place.

Completely agreed. I’m very much rooting for them. Plus, SpaceX!!

There it is. Foolish man. Again you are told very explicitly when you work at a public company to avoid this subject privately and definitely in social media. He has nobody but himself to blame. I hope he learns from it and its not the end of his leadership at Tesla.

And they want him…out…of any business role in any publicly held company.

SEC Sues Elon Musk For Fraud, Seeks Removal from Tesla

Regulators accuse him of misleading shareholders when he said he had funding for a corporate buyout

The SEC’s lawsuit—sparked by August comments that he had lined up funding for a corporate buyout—seeks civil penalties against Mr. Musk and asks a court to bar him from being the officer or director of a public company.

Well it could well happen. Again its not like the rules are vague in anyway. Which he knew, or damn well should have known.

Yeah, It really isn’t 1890 and he isn’t f*****g Andrew Carnegie. And the law is pretty specific.

Truth and Consequences for Elon Musk and Tesla

There is still time for Tesla investors to come to their senses

Investor belief that Mr. Musk is capable of nearly superhuman feats helped push Tesla’s valuation far beyond what seems justified. It is the most valuable American car company despite relatively modest production levels and cash-bleeding operations.

Since a possible remedy for the SEC lawsuit is removal of Mr. Musk as CEO, investors should consider how much of that value is tied to his person.

Sounds like there’s a simple solution - take Tesla private! I hear he has funding for it.

I literally started choking while drinking my water reading this. Well-played, Ginger.

Ahhh, $420 and then Joe Rogan. Trying to impress the gf while breaking Federal Law. Whatta douche…

Elon Musk Can Remain Tesla CEO but Must Step Aside as Chairman in SEC Settlement

The company and Musk also have agreed to pay a $40 million fine

Elon Musk has reached a settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission that allows him to stay on as chief executive of Tesla Inc.TSLA -13.90% but requires that he step aside from the chairman role for three years.

When you add in the bath the stock has taken, that was a mighty expensive “420” tweet.

So when you do the Betsy Devos - Snickers bar analogy, how many Snickers bars is that for Musk?