Financial forums?

I’ve got a few mutual fund questions, and I’m looking for a good forum to post them in. Yes, I realize QT3 isn’t much on detailed financial stuff like this - but I know lots of folks here also post/read other forums on other topics.

Specifically, I’d like to find a good forum or two where educated financial types (not newbies asking “what’s an expense ratio”) hang out. The morningstar forums are solid, but I’m looking for others like that.

Recommendations?

motleyfool.com is good for personal finance stuff, though I can’t comment on the quality of the forums.

I just browsed the MF forums. I’m not impressed with either the quality of the discussion (very newbie-ish, lots of bad information, low signal to noise), or the technical aspects of it (each post on a separate page - lots of clicking and waiting to read through a thread.)

Any others?

Think about what a rare find Qt3 is for its signal-noise ratio. Then consider that gamers are likely the most savvy of internet message board users… yet 99.99% of message boards about games are sheer crap. I’d say the likelihood of finding a forum community about pretty much any topic of interest is pretty low.

If you find a professional forum discussion for discussing investment choices, let me know. I don’t think they exist online.

There’s plenty of good theory-like discussion places, but not much for tactics.

Yeah. People who know much about investing are either busy investing, or writing books about investing. And since investment strategies usually rely on enough other people not following them I’d say good luck finding someone who gives good advice for free.

Buy low, sell high.

For the rest of my sage advice, enroll in my monthly investing advice mailing list at the low price of $49.95 a month.

Also, get in on hot trends before everyone else finds out about them!

Check out Consumer Reports and invest in some of their well reviewed funds.

In Warren Buffett we trust.

It seems that the forum with the best signal-to-noise, and with investment philosophy closest to my own, is the one I found first, on Morningstar - specifically the ‘Vanguard Die-hard’ section there.