FireFox v.2.0 sucks big green donkey dicks

FF2.0 seems to work groovy on my newer rig but it still is borked on my older work/internet rig, so I went back to 1.5. My initial donkey-dick assessment may have been rash.

Hmm, I haven’t used the default Fx theme since I switched to Noia Extreme waaay back when. Yes, the default theme is…dull.

Works fine for me, though I don’t like the new X location for closing tabs. And honestly, I’m stoked that the fucking apostrophe bug got fixed.

Oooh the one where you sudddenly ended in some fucking weird little window? I hate that.

Is there a way in Firefox to set a default magnification for the entire page, like in Opera?

I fixed my FF2.0 problems by blowing away the install, including deleting the user files and the program files (I use Google Browser Sync to save them off-machine), then completely reinstall fresh. Works super-fast now.

The apostrophe bug is still there!! I got taken to Firefox’s quick find bar at the bottom when I typed an apostrophe in a search field. GRRR.

Is there a way to completely disable apostrophe as a quickfind shortcut? Ctrl-F works fine for me.

Yes. The search window pops up any time you used the apostrophe, and the only solution was a complete reboot.

Though right now I’m less than amused by the way Firefox handles new windows. Sometimes, things that should pop up as a new window are simply created as a tab, while other links refresh a different window you didn’t want them to. And they’re never, EVER on top.

They should really just include just the most basic bits and then have official support for their new things. I don’t need RSS feed or spellchecker or anything like that.

Have you looked into Options->Tabs? There’s some options in there that allow you to change this behaviour. For instance, there’s “When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately.” and “New pages should be opened in:”. I have Fx working as I want (always open everything in a new tab and never steal focus from originating tab).

You’re right. But your post is begging for a grammar checker.