Firewatch: Solve your midlife crisis in a mystery first person adventure

Firewatch is a mystery set in the woods of Wyoming, where your only emotional lifeline is the person on the other end of a handheld radio. You play as a man named Henry who has retreated from his messy life to work as a fire lookout in the wilderness. Perched high atop a mountain, it’s your job to look for smoke and keep the wilderness safe. An especially hot and dry summer has everyone on edge. Your supervisor, a woman named Delilah, is available to you at all times over a small, handheld radio – and is your only contact with the world you’ve left behind. But when something strange draws you out of your lookout tower and into the world, you’ll explore a wild and unknown environment, facing questions and making interpersonal choices that can build or destroy the only meaningful relationship you have.

The game was first seen past year, but we didn’t have a thread. They released a new video, so it’s a good time to make one.

True story: stopping by a fire tower on ATVs we were invited to go up top by the woman living there. She regaled us with her version of Smokey the Bear and told us she and her husband had raised her daughter living the fire tower life, sending her between towers on foot, as they lived in separate towers.

It’s a clever setting for a game, but I’m sure the main thrust is going to be isolation and lonliness.

I’m not sure of how much isolation you are going to have if you talk with the supervisor every 30 seconds in game :P.

Olly Moss is the art director on this game and he’s largely responsible for the distinctive look.

He did these posters:

I enjoyed the dialog.

I’m hoping it’s more systemic or simmy than the walking dead games. Hard to tell from what they’ve show so far.

Hey, looks interesting.

I very rarely watch gaming videos, but those 17 minutes just went by in a flash - enjoyed the scenery, and the dialog very much. Thanks for making me notice this game.

Seemed kind of neato.
Props for the Toto reference.

They’re having a day-long demo day this Friday near where GDC is being held. Thought about going to check it out as I’ve been curious about it for awhile.

— Alan

Olly Moss’s graphic design is so, so good.

Yep, looks amazing.

Now, if the devs would give me a cut for every video or thread I make in the forum getting them units sold…

Looks very neat. Here’s the game’s official site for those too lazy to copy and paste into Google. :)

FIREWATCH ARRIVES ON FEBRUARY 9 ON PC & PS4

finally

Omfg game companies, stop with all the awesome games! How the heck am I supposed to play all these things?

The first quarter of 2016 is gonna be a wallet apocalypse.

I was unfamiliar with this but just watched the youtube linked in the first post and now I’m on board. Looks great!

Yah, it was one of the items I was most excited for after watching the E3 events. Just seems so…interesting.