Firewatch: Solve your midlife crisis in a mystery first person adventure

Another attempt to adapt this into a movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/blindspotting-producers-snoot-entertainment-developing-firewatch-movie

Stumbled across an individual on Reddit that posted about renting an actual fire lookout tower to play Firewatch. I’m jealous, though I would have had a hard time taking my eyes off of the scenery. Pretty cool though.

RtJzB32cnr7OF4jSIftcuFmfhTqZ3YQXplerbCMrLQM

They posted more pics here:

Awesome. Suspect Kerouac might be a slightly more engaging read. But maybe not.

Shame their next game got absorbed into Valve somehow.

Agreed. I hope it actually gets released and doesn’t become lost to the vagaries of Valve Time or become a VR-only title.

It’s officially on hold, which doesn’t bode well. Jake described it as “a project people can and may return to”, which…sure, maybe. But when there are no definite plans, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Oh no, I had not heard that. That is really unfortunate given how much I enjoyed Firewatch. Thanks for the update. :-(

Yeah, it’s a shame that Valve acquiring them probably killed off the game as well as my favorite podcast.

I thought this video from Giant Bomb (though I don’t recognize the contributor) was a really great trip back into Firewatch. I also didn’t realize the game had such a backlash, though I guess one might as well assume that every game is going to have some kind of backlash these days.

That was fantastic, thanks for sharing.