First Star Wars standalone movie: Rogue One

[quote=“tomchick, post:704, topic:76559, full:true”]Hey Disney, quit screwing around with [my boardgames] (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/187645/star-wars-rebellion), especially the ones where I just spent a stupid amount of money buying a goddamn toy Corellian Corvette, which I had a hard time finding because I didn’t know Corellion was spelled with an “a”.

-Tom
[/quote]

Relax Tom, the CR90 name is still cannon.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/57/Alderaan_Cruiser_Facebook.png/revision/latest?cb=20141216234445

The Alderan Cruiser is one of several nicknames. The Corvette is still officially ok.

I honestly don’t care one way or the other, but based on your and Telefrog’s links, I don’t think you’re right. According to starwars.com, it’s an Alderaan Cruiser and the CR90 designation is nowhere in sight. And according to that Star Wars Rebel card you linked, it’s a corvette (lower case “c”) manufactured by the Corellion Space Ship Construction Company that is actually called an Alderaan Cruiser (upper case “c”). Never mind that I’ve never seen cruiser and corvette used interchangeably for naval vessels.

My guess is that Fantasy Flight is going to sell an official Alderaan Cruiser at some point. It will will be the Corellion Corvette, but it will have a square radar dish instead of a circular radar dish and it will cost $29.99.

-Tom

P.S. This is fun! Maybe I am a Star Wars nerd, after all!

Fuck Star Wars!

Check my second link. It was supposed to be an image, but I couldn’t link properly.

However, the short of it is, that when it appeared in Rebels, the Rebels Official Facebook made an entry on the ship, and the info card does include the CR90 bit.

So that is still canon, it just isn’t on the Star Wars database page for some reason. Whatever. I gather that it is aimed at a slightly different audience, meaning one that won’t get deep into the weeds about the technical specs of the difference between a BTL-S3 and a BTL-A4 Y-wing ;)

In the end I imagine it won’t matter much. The Correlian Corvette name has been around too long to be jettisoned. Especially when several of the most prominent forms of merchandising that ship carry the name.

I did! Hence:

So it’s a corvette called the Alderaan Cruiser made by the Corellia company. It’s no more a Corellion Corvette than an F-16 Falcon is a General Dynamics Fighter Plane. I am disappointed in your lack of nerdry about the official designation of fake sci-fi ships! You, of all people!

-Tom

P.S. Corellian, dammit, Corellian. Not Corellion. I’m a terrible Star Wars nerd.

Nah man, Corellia is a planet not a company. It’s where Han Solo is from. And they build spaceships there.

I mean Fuck Star Wars!

It’s actually both, right? Craig’s playing card, or whatever he linked, references the Corellian Engineering Corporation. Also, Han Solo is from Corellia? Is that canon? I am not joking. I want to know.

-Tom

Pretty sure Han was always from Corellia. You might be right about the Corellian Motorworks Company, guess there are limits to my geekness.

You’re all nuts. It is some form of Toyota.

So I wasn’t certain either. It seems, however, that his homeworld is still Corellia in canon. What parts of his pre original trilogy origins remain? No idea. I’d imagine that most of it probably is going to be filled in with the new stand alone film. But at least that part was kept.

Corellia is a planet that is famous for it’s shipyards/companies that build ships. Han is from there.

I absolutely loved HK-47 and I’m glad there’s something like him here. Perhaps it worked better that K2-SO was not brought in as an Assassin droid.

I just wish we had us more Serenity. :(

Every time my family or friends try to convince me just how nerd I am, I just need to stick around one of these topics for a few days. While I say the ship with the orange paint on the side, I think, others are babbling on about Corvette’s and ship manufacturing companies.

In high school I was able to write using the Tengwar script from Lord of the Rings. Which is to say that, as big of a nerd as I am now, this is not even my peak nerd ;)

Haha, I love Lord of the Rings, Star Trek and for the most part Star Wars. If anyone says or writes anything in Sindar or Quenya or Klingon or refers to a ship other than a single letter and it’s not the Millenium Falcon the Enterprise or Voyager, I’am using Google.

I did know that Asfaloth though is Glorfindel’s horse and that wanna be princess took her father and Glorfindel’s powers simply because I have read those books.

I rewatched The Force Awakens today. It feels much more like a Star Wars movie than Rogue One does, but it’s interesting why it feels that way. For one thing, there’s no gritty realism to the set pieces. Everything is cleaner and a little more plastic looking. The pacing, the plot gaps, the character arcs, the lightheartedness of it all… I think it ultimately makes for a better Star Wars movie than Rogue One does. I really enjoyed Rogue One and look forward to the other “A Star Wars Story” movies, but part of me wishes the resources used to make them instead were spent to develop another (new?) science fiction franchise.

Also: it was sad to see Carrie Fisher and particularly sad to see Han Solo die, knowing that Carrie Fisher likely won’t be there through the conclusion of this trilogy.

Strictly speaking, it’s a system of planets. I believe there are about 4-5 inhabited planets in the system? I don’t remember exactly. In any case, I really hope we get to visit their shipyards in the Han Solo movie.

Also, I love this thread.

I love that the Episodes are the Classic Coke of Star Wars. Variety is way more interesting in the end, even if we don’t end up liking every single tone & genre they visit.

Aha, now I get to correct someone! Actually Corellia is a planet, a system and apparently a sector of space! Yes I did Wookiepedia that, what of it?

I popped into this thread because it had grown by about 100 posts since I last read it, and I thought to myself “hey, let’s see what QT3 thought of the movie.”

Only to find that most of those posts were on a tangent related to the class and registration of Princess Leia’s ship.

You guys are awesome (and that’s not sarcasm).

Wookieepedia is for wimps! Aaaand for scholars… I must concede the point.