Fitocracy: Pointsy-badgey game helps you stay fit and motivated with online friends

Literally the first thing I see as I signed up:

Do want. Site still fubar. :(

I see only lbs in my logger. There’s a setting in your Settings page for Imperial vs Metric weights, that’s probably how it determines what you want.

dpritchett is posting impressive numbers I agree. That’s where I hope to be soon!

Oh, fine, I joined.

Why can’t I access the site :’(

I think I may change up my workout regimen to the applicable training for Warrior Dash. So basically:

• Increase endurance to be able to do the 3.1 miles at a brisk jogging pace.
  • Upper body work for climbing obstacles (no real worry, 90% of surmounting an obstacle is momentum, momentum is mass x velocity, and I’ve already got the mass part taken care of)
  • Lower body work for quickness and agility.

I need to figure out how well I can do a fartlek-style workout with an exercise room that only has: treadmill, stationary bike, and a lat-pulldown weight machine.

…actually, that should be all I need.

But if you do anything that’s too routinized, don’t you run the risk of plateauing?

It’s fine to plateau once I reach the level I want to be at. At that point, exercise is only to maintain my appropriate level of superhuman awesomeness.

The climbs don’t look too hard and you ought to be able to get your legs under you when pulling up. I’d say as long as you’re capable of a few pullups your best bet is to focus on running 5- and 10ks for time with the occasional interval sprint workout.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about running or climbing.

Oh yeah, the climbs are easy, and I know the terrain’s mostly level. It’s basically just a slightly-longer version of the JFK-SWC obstacle course, which I used to be able to run in under 25 minutes. Of course, that was also… 13 years and about 80 pounds ago.

C’mon people, let’s step up the exercise/logging of said exercise. I shouldn’t be top ten in anything remotely fitness related, although I would be top five for lack of cardio and overall pear-shapedness.

To folks who haven’t signed up yet–it needs more challenges, but it’s good extra motivation if you’re already planning to hit the gym. I never logged my sets before, and it’s nice to have them in the cloud.

I’ll take an invite if anybody has one.

I would as well, now that its working again.

This link still worked for me. Thanks Wallapuctus!

And for me. Thanks, Wallapunctus, as well!

No invites here. Not anymore.

Signed up with the Wallapuctus link. Now to see if I can leverage the 9-10 hours I spend every day on my feet at work into points. Delicious points.

I used up one of the Omniscia invites. Many thanks for posting it.

EDIT: And if anyone else needs one, PM me your email address.

I should edit my post, but I won’t…

You’re welcome, Tracy.

Can a brother get an invite?