Five Guys burgers: I just don't get it

There was a Del Taco down in Ocean City MD near the inlet, it used to be our favorite “After bar” place to grub. They made EVERYTHING by hand, goddamn that place ruled. Actually, I was wronf, it was called Mate’os, I’m dumb.

We still have Nino Taco, it’s not that bad, gives you heartburn like a motherbitch though.

Back in the 60’s (yes I’m that old) we went to the first Del Taco with a drive-through pretty often. It was in Corona CA. They made these fabulous hamburgers called Taco Burgers, which were basically tacos in a hamburger bun. We loved them. They now have a ton of stores in southern california. They make a nice fish taco, but now that I’m on a restricted calorie lifestyle, I don’t go there much anymore.

That’s not too bad. I mean, in the middle it’s just nacho cheese, guac and salsa separated out to look like a football field. With tortilla chips as the crowd. I hate chex mix, but it’s a decent enough filler.

The only real horrorshow there is the sheer number of twinkies they used and the simple fact that the twinkies simply do not belong. It’s not like you’re dipping twinkies in guac.

And if you are? Get help.

Hmmm, this gave me a good idea, I’m going to go get a baguette this weekend and inject it with guacamole and try to make the worlds first Guactwinkette.

Yeah, come on, that’s pretty cool. The guy obviously put a lot of work into it, don’t knock him for it.

Hey guys i made this sculpture of the B-52s complete with a chrysler that’s as big as a whale out of my own feces and it was really hard don’t knock me.

Wow, tiohn.

Dude, that’s so awesome. Pic?

You know, I thought they were corndogs. Good catch, I had missed that.

After looking at it again, it appears that they’re also using bacon to restrain the ‘crowd’. If that thing has to sit out too long, that’s gonna get pretty nasty.

How long did it take to eat?

Native californian here.
I am outraged by your generalization, so outraged in fact I am going to go eat a 3x3 right now in defiance, GOOD DAY SIR.

Is this different than Taco Del Mar, which also has fish tacos? They’ve been springing up all over lately, though we lost one here in Vancouver when it asploded after a botched arson (took out the neighboring Starbucks, too, but don’t worry – there is another Starbucks two blocks away).

Not according to Wikipedia. Del Taco is only known as Del Taco.

Yeah, they are two completely different companies.

I’ve accidentally called them Ruddfuckers many times.

On an unrelated note, I miss Little Tavern burgers, it’s like White Castle, except on the east coast.

The Laurel store is up the street from me, and it’s kind of sad riding past it.

There are White Castles on the West Coast?

To be fair, the two main chains like that are actually White Castle and Krystal’s.

White Castle tends to control most of the area from New York to parts of northern TN–basically the Mid-Atlantic, dipping into the Southeast. Krystal’s, on the other hand, spreads down from TN to the rest of the Southeast.

Neither is quite ubiquitous in its area, but both are stupidly delicious. . . but Krystal’s is better ;)

Now I want to find a Little Tavern and compare all three, though. I wonder if there are any in Nashville, since that’s now the southernmost point (I think) where White Castle and Krystal’s meet. Used to be Bowling Green, KY, back in the day–they’re like a mile from each other there.

It has been my experience that everything in Laurel is kind of sad.