Five Guys burgers: I just don't get it

They closed my favorite bar a few years ago. The place you could go at 4 AM and drink until 8 AM:

“Progress”. they built another skyrise condo monstrosity.

“Everybody”

In Manhattan, Brooklyn or SF/Oakland. :)

Stusser, we need a thread for all those types of maps. I am sure there is a name for that genre of map. You know like “How a Bostonian see the world” and whatnot. I love those things.

Such great bars in Miami! I hope Churchills is still going in little Haiti, great pub., Although I hear they closed the News cafe on Miami beach years ago :(

I didn’t realize it was an entire genre! This is a particularly famous one, showing how New Yorkers view the world. Manhattan is the center, everything else can be largely ignored.

Churchill’s was my haunt. Live Punk, man!

I got shitfaced with Iggy Pop at Chrchills. It’s still a going concern.

Hold up hold up! This is legendary! Awesome!

Hah, that’s great! Love how Pittsburgh is right next to St. Louis.

He’d never play there (bigger venues for him) but that is Punk Rock ground zero in that town. If he was in town, he’d go drink there. We talked about football, mainly. Of the NFL variety. He is a Lions fan (no surprise there).
This was like…'97?

Yeah, they are a really neat thing. I was googling around looking for like a “genre” name for that kind of map…can’t find it. I know one exists…

This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

I propose “geographic homunculus”.

I’ve heard them called “Satirical Maps”, but I don’t think there is a defined genre. As map guy, I’m all in favor of said thread.

Examples: https://www.bl.uk/maps/articles/satirical-maps

A satirical map is an illustration with a cartographic element that has been produced specifically to make a comment upon the social, economic or political state of things.

I think that’s it. Do you want to start the thread?

True but now we need a comparison to 5 dollar coffees, some with enough calories to compare to milkshakes, but no the soda going down is not new. I am curious if energy drinks are still going up though.

Sure. First-ish thing tomorrow.

I thought there was just a rise of alternate / niche / “craft” type sodas taking a slice of the Pepsi/Cola market? It also seems that milkshakes are gaining in prominence in burger joints (eg shake shack), thus also reducing the soda sales as well.

Neither of which really equate to a healthier drinking choice like water…

I wish there was something in between diet soda and seltzer water, taste-wise. La Croix is not tasty, but I don’t feel bad drinking it. Diet Coke (the flavored ones, anyway) tastes great, but I just know the chemicals are killing me somehow.