Flotilla 2 requires a funky set of goggles

Title Flotilla 2 requires a funky set of goggles
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When April 26, 2018

https://youtu.be/zuuK3c8rkcQ

Blendo Games, creators of Quadrilateral Cowboy, Atom Zombie Smasher, and Flotilla have announced Flotilla 2…

Read the full article

God, fuck VR.

Well, that’s a pity.

Yeah. Flotilla was one of my favorite games on the Xbox 360. I’d snap up the sequel in a heartbeat. Bummer.

For a space fan, that seems like quite a reaction! I haven’t played much but had a great time in VR w/ Eve: Valkyrie in a fighter. Cockpit games seem pretty natural for it.

That game did so poorly with its VR only version it needed to make a version for the rest of us. While the game is indeed great, it’s suffered badly as a result of its VR-only roots.

I don’t mind if one makes both VR and non-VR versions, but making a VR-only version of a game is, I dare say, discriminatory, and also short-sighted.

Ah ok, makes sense, just thought you had an issue with VR gameplay in general. I don’t play a lot of VR games regularly but the few I go back to are pretty great experiences! I agree that making it VR-only is a pretty bad move.

Yeah, the original Flotilla was one of my favorite XBLIG games. I thought I remembered it being an RTS though, not turn based. Been a while, I’m probably misremembering.

I understand the intent. Brendon Chung being an artist, he goes with his vision.
But that won’t prevent me shedding tears over my impossibility to experience his next work :’(

Well, it was a programmed-simultaneous-turn thing, so it’s a little bit of both. Plus the weird-ass choose-your-own-adventure interstitial bits with animal people.

A Blendo VR game?? Nice.

Well said. Let him try something new!

But maybe the “2” is a slight PR mistake. Calling it Flotilla VR might have prevented some of this grumpiness.

Vive only? Odd choice. Sort of throwing away 99% of your accessible market then tossing aside 50% of whats left. Still good luck to them. Just a shame I dont get to play it :/

It’s nice that VR gets a strategy game for a change.

You act as if this is the first.

Looks interesting!

Cosmic Trip is another VR RTS. Pretty fun! Speaking of which, I should give it another go… I bet some new features have been added since I last played.