Fly the not-so-friendly skies

Southwest’s new slogan: ‘We beat the competition. Not you’.

I wish our train system wasn’t complete dogshit (outside the NE). I would take a 2x travel time (including airport time etc…) over flying, but the fact that it would take me 24 hours of traveling to go from Orlando FL to Raliegh NC (because you have to go through Washington DC lol) for the same price as flying ($300) makes it a stupid choice.

My favorite meme thus far…

So the doctor guy is apparently a slimeball, funny that he already has attorneys (plural). Is the fact that he’s still in hospital a little suspect? These days they send you home a few hours after hip surgery.

Edit, this just adds to the story and could be just interference, I share the disgust about the whole incident.

The fact that he already has attorneys shouldn’t really be a surprise given the profile of the case and its potential payoff.

And the fact that all doctors probably have attorneys ready to go for whatever.

He’s a doctor. He’d better have an attorney.

I don’t understand the relevance if he is a slimeball or not. I mean, if the guy is a real shithead it could lessen any feelings of sympathy, but it doesn’t have any bearing on United’s actions.

See my post above.

Character assassination is the go-to for stuff like this.

I know, it gets so fucking old. Did you hear that [insert_victim] shot by police cheated on his school exams and was sent to the principal’s office??? I guess he was no angel after all!

To be fair, the guy definitely does act weird in the video.

Yeah, he was asking for it…

/eyeroll

This doesn’t matter unless they start losing revenue. The stock will recover if people keep buying tickets to fly on their airplanes.

Yeah, it’s weird, he didn’t act like a person normally would after being violently removed from their flight by police thugs when he’s just trying to get home with his wife.

Is there some sort of protocol I don’t know about that tells us all how to act after you get the beaten up for sitting in a seat you paid for on a plane? It must be mandatory training somewhere and I missed it!

Also… anyone know if the people who paid extra for special seats are also part of “random”. It sounds like United might get in a little trouble if they treat people who don’t pay extra differently.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/united-promised-regulators-ticketed-passengers-are-guaranteed-seats/ar-BBzJLPS?li=BBnb7Kz

Ryanair flies more passengers than United and has an average far of under $50

While Ryanair flies far fewer kilometres, the price of fuel is somewhere between 20-50% of an airline’s costs.

Ryanair made $1.3bn profit last year. I’ve never experienced an overbooking with them, nor does anyone I know - though I’m sure it does happen.

I’ve also only once in 6 years since a flight that wasn’t full.

It’s not “random” at all. Bump nominees that get special consideration are ones with disability needs, minors, law enforcement personnel, and those on bereavement flights. Employees and their families flying with discounts get consideration as well. After that, the order is coach, business, first, then luxury class with some hidden calculus based on distance, ticket price (remember that this number influences how much of a payout you can expect by law) and time with layovers.

If the best United passengers can hope to aspire to is Ryanair levels of customer service, they might as well beat themselves up now.

I know it’s not truly random, but did you read the link where United basically says paying for a better seat doesn’t give you more of a guarantee for a seat. It’s random after they remove the people you listed, but my question is… if i do Economy+ does that remove me from the random pool or not?

Hey, I’m not victim blaming here. But if I’m being honest, then running up and down the aisle muttering is not really a normal response…even in that kind of messed up situation.

I’m not excusing anyone’s behavior, or blaming him. I’m just saying it was weird.