Fly the not-so-friendly skies

Correct terminology or not, YIKES, F*CKING YIKES!

One person died but there is no cause of death given. I believe the plane dropped suddenly, so I wonder if the person got slammed into the ceiling?

When I fly I keep my seatbelt on all the time unless I need to get out of my seat.

Edit: Tasteless thing removed.

Turbulence hasn’t brought down a plane, but people do get killed by it. There have been cases over the Pacific where the turbulence hit so fast and hard that unbelted passengers were tossed around. The Pacific is sort of nasty because you have all that water getting heated by all that sunlight. But I’ve also had bad turbulence over the midwest in the summer.

This is what they tell you to do, but a lot of people don’t listen.

Killed by shrapnel from what i’ve read.

SWA used to have one of the few “spotless” records in the airline industry of no fatalities.

I’ll be honest though while 20 years ago i was all in on SWA, now every time i fly with them i feel like the plane is going to fall apart. They got a bunch of new 737s… and then assigned them to new routes going to Central America and South America. I mean, like pointing out wing components with unusually visible vibrations sort of thing, and SWA experiences more and more delays than in the past. I imagine keeping their old fleet flying is reaching a breaking point. Apparently they already had an engine failure in just the same way a year ago.

I flew Air Italia in Europe last year. What a bucket of bolts that plane was. It made this terrible creaking noise when it turned on the runway and then in the air I could look out and see parts on the wing vibrating like crazy. My seat armrest was missing a part. I was glad to walk off that plane.

Stewardesses had super cute uniforms, though.

I’m kind of a bad human being for feeling glee initially at the death of what I thought was a passenger who refused to obey the buckle seat belts light.

I’m wondering if the investigate will look at how hard it had to be for others to get to the window and pull her back in. In coach, yon barely move as it is. I can only imagine what it’s like trying to crowd in there and save someone from going out a broken window.

So apparently pieces of this aircraft landed right up the road from the building I work in and across the northern part of the County I live in.

Orlando International votes not to privatize security and keep the TSA. Putting money towards upgrading.

If air is being moved from a smaller high pressure environment into a larger low pressure environment, I think “suck” is the appropriate term.

If you find a part, contact the NTSB at [email protected].

Will do. Pieces landed in the Blue Marsh area. State Game Lands. Kinda lucky tbh. It was a large piece of debris.

Wasn’t sure to put this in with the Harvey thread or here, but here won out:

I can’t believe that this woman sat there & did nothing to confront this male passenger. When I showed this to my wife, we both agreed that a loud public shaming would have been so much better “Hey if you want to masturbate, go to the bathroom” in a really loud voice while video recording him trying to assemble his pants back on.

Why so passive aggressive? Why not confront? How can you blame the airline for not doing anything when you didn’t raise the issue till late in the game?

Yes, because women confronting sexual creeps to their face always works out so well and isn’t at all exceedingly dangerous.

Your reaction to this story is what’s wrong with that woman? Really?

Yeah, that’s a bizarre reaction. Sure, maybe what she should have done is gotten up and grabbed some flight attendants and made a fuss and insisting on having him arrested at destination. But there is no fault involved in being intimidated and horrified, especially if she’s had bad experiences in the past.

I can’t believe people are actually surprised that someone’s first reaction to a man being disgusting is to blame the woman.

My reaction to this story is to wonder what he was doing that took HOURS.