Foofighter spam

I think it is just Mark and Tom’s schtick to ask for help or say they cannot accomplish minor web sluthing tasks. It’s like when you tell your wife you can’t possibly participate in cooking or doing laundry. You know if it were life and death you could boil some pasta. But you also know that in the long run you’ll be served much better if you play dumb.

“Ok, so whites go in cold and the colored go in the hot? Or is that the other way around?”

ok goddammit i didnt notice it was you… god knows i wouldnt take you seriously :roll:

I heard some redneck at the local Shop 'n Shit say that very thing the other day. I do not believe it was in quite the same context, however.

The local Shop 'n Shit? That anything like a Gas 'n Grub?

I wash everything in cold. Benefit in washing stuff in hot water = 0.

I have refrained from posting in this thread, but goddamnit, I’m weak!

Anyway, I just wanted to finally say to the admins (yeah, that would be the Tom, Mark, Chet trio)…

You should’ve done this A LONG TIME ago before it reached epidemic proportions where these anon wankers figured it was OK to goddamn well ruin our board. Now they’ve left their traces everywhere you look, they have to register to do it? Puhleeze.

Putting the damn cart before the horse is usually harzadous. But only people with NO clue nor experience on how to run a board and uphold the rules and regs (while not cowering behind the ludicrous notion that is free speech on boards) would have let it come this far. Now we need a goddamn poll, a general consensus and a relentless anon spaminator wanker, to institute something we’ve been clamouring for all along?

Right.

Fuck off, Derek.

Thats it?? bah!

I’m amazed at how self absorbed you can be sometimes. Tom and Mark are doing us a favor providing this free service and you can only rant and complain like somehow it is owed to you. Look up the word “ingrate”.

I’m amazed at how self absorbed you can be sometimes. Tom and Mark are doing us a favor providing this free service and you can only rant and complain like somehow it is owed to you. Look up the word “ingrate”.[/quote]

AAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nazis. And that Iraq book.

(Stroker Ace) So. Fucking. Funny.

:lol:

Yep…that one’ll be hard to top. :lol:

LMAO! Man, I almost burned myself with coffee. And yes, that one will be hard to top. Jolly good show m8.

I’d like to note for the record that Tom just asked Bill Huffman to delete two posts and impliedly threatened to ban him if he didn’t comply.

I’m not saying I think that’s a bad thing or that Bill Huffman shouldn’t be banned (although I do think it’s a bad thing). And I certainly recognize Tom’s/Mark’s/Chet’s right to moderate their own board. I’m just wondering what the criteria are, if there are any.

Tom just asked Bill Huffman to delete two posts and impliedly threatened to ban him

“Impliedly”? Is that a word? Why don’t you lawyer types just talk English?

I’m just wondering what the criteria are, if there are any.

We knocked foofighter off the board outright. That was pretty clear cut. Bill’s a bit harder to define, because he’s capable of contributing to threads like a normal guy. But he’s been asked before, both privately and publically, and politely in all cases, not to clog threads with certain types of content. I think anyone who repeatedly ignores these sort of requests to keep up a signal to noise ratio is a candidate for having his or her account cancelled.

That, and researching weapons of mass destruction. Also, supporting international terrorism. Oh, and human rights abuses.

-Tom

So I guess now I have to halt slave-production of my baby-mulching-powered-nuclear-bomb-designed-for-international-terrorism? Damn you, Tom Chick! Damn you to hell!!!

It’s Tom & Mark’s board. There is no requirement for fairness or non-arbitrary standards regarding bans. The could decide that they don’t like lawyers, and ban all the lawyers.

On second thought, we need some ironclad rules. I’ll draft some. :wink:

Maybe I was too quick to snap at Bill, and god knows I don’t think we’d actually ban anyone. If Bill and Derek want to have their childish fits, I suppose I should let them and trust everyone to ignore the whole thing. Or at least deluge it with dinosaur pix.

But Mark’s and my philosophy has been to let the forum goes wherever it wants. We want people to feel free to be assholes, to post anonymously, to let threads stray, to cuss, and so forth, all in the context of kind of knowing each other. Ideally, it should be like csipg.strategic on Usenet used to be, but minus the .strategic (in fact, I think that’s where I met Mark).

So I guess that’s our FAQ, all warm and fuzzy and maybe even a little gay. Refer to it as necessary.

-Tom