Forgotten, perhaps bad, Action Games?

Konoko will never be forgotten!

It says “perhaps bad”… how are they off-topic suggestions? I didn’t think Heretic 2 was bad at all…

Games like NOLF and Descent 2 are hardly close to being bad or forgotten.

Just saying, you know.

I do get the OP’s examples, though. Things just went sideways from there.

I thought he just wants a list of 3D, 3rd person, mostly melee action games. Huh.

Here’s more:

Freedom Fighters
Freedom: First Resistance

Hmmm, I thought Jedi Knight was the first game to feature 3-D dismemberment, but you had to activate it via the console.

• Alan

Die by the sword was awesome multi, and ogre was fun, and ogre hockey was a blast. (It was a special mode where two teams of ogres attempted to hit an AI kobold into their net)

There’s a game called Made Man, which is really, really awful, as well as forgotten (assuming it was ever remembered). I bought it. :(

Perhaps, but that makes it eye-catching.

Project IGI

IGI = I’m Going In.

It’s a shooter where you attack bases full of guards equipped with aim bot with no mid-mission save. Hard as shit. I somehow got to the last level but never beat it.

Project IGI

IGI = I’m Going In.

It’s a shooter where you attack bases full of guards equipped with aim bot with no mid-mission save. Hard as shit. I somehow got to the last level but never beat it.

It had the pistol that could be fired as fast as you can press the mouse button!

You forgot to mention that it had massive open-air levels and a real-time satellite map, neither of which I had seen in other shooters at the time.

Ahh, Die by the Sword. I loved the voice over during the tutorial. “NOT a great warrior”.
The combat system was an extremely interesting concept that I found infuriating in practice.

More advanced technology eventually stepped in but it’s a case of too little, too late.

I see no one has mentioned Command & Conquer: Renegade yet, so that’ll be my entry.

Well, I was still playing Starsiege:Tribes which came out in '98. It had open air sprawls and complex bases plus a billion other noteworthy things…

Indeed! That game always screamed for multiplayer to me.

Naturally various community people tried to shoehorn it in. The closest I remember anyone getting was when some modders (Russian I think) were trying to create an Oni multiplayer mode in Max Payne. Of course, that game didn’t have multiplayer either. I don’t understand how people come up with these convoluted chains sometimes. (I think it had to do with the two games having similar animation systems.) They actually had proof of concept screens, though.

Blake Stone.
(is it actually bad?)

There’s likely a reason for that…