Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump Begins

Thank you @Tim_N

When part of government undermines another part using legal means at its disposal, that’s not a coup. That’s called “checks and balances”, and it’s baked into our system of government. Trump has likewise been undermining Congress for years.

If Baer, and the other people are making this allegation are correct though, then this something very different.

The CIA is very powerful, and that’s fine, but not if they’re getting involved in domestic politics. Not if they’re using their power to achieve their own institutional political goals.

Their “institutional political goal” is to protect America from foreign nations.

No one seems to know what Trey Gowdy is up to. He declined. He may have accepted. He hasn’t been offered. Something this or that.

I would not bet on that.

Your attempt to obfuscate and confuse matters is duly noted. I think we can all appreciate your inability to use just a tiny bit of brainpower to debunk these statements before coming here.

“Look, guys, I’m just asking questions. What if what I heard on the internet is true about jet fuel not being able to melt steel beams? I mean if that’s true, then it raises all sorts of questions about 9/11.”

We empower whistleblowers to achieve their personal goals, if they happen to overlap with the goal of making sure that government is not violating the law. That’s a feature, not a bug. Achieving “institutional political goals” is kind of a finder’s fee.

The analogy I would use is that they’re chained to a rotting corpse. The corpse can’t possibly do anything for them. All that standing by the corpse will do is guarantee that its stink rubs off on them.

The really sobering thing is when you realize just who would volunteer to be chained to a corpse - those whose other option is even worse, and those that like the smell.

I can’t tell if you know how ridiculous you sound or if you’re just really bad at trolling. Maybe a little from column A, a little from column B. But to be perfectly honest, I’m glad you’re doing what you’re doing here, because no one is falling for your bullshit. I’d rather you waste your time here than, say, Facebook or Reddit.

-Tom

Trump knows he will be impeached by the House. It is inevitable. He is trying to make sure he is not removed by the Senate. Right now the Senate is still favorable. But public opinion is headed in the wrong direction.

So the longer it takes to start the trial, the more likely the Senate turns against him and the less likely he remains in office. Therefore, Trump wants to House to impeach sooner rather than later.

All this hand wringing about constitutional crisis misses the point. Trump is provoking the House because he is in a weak position and wants to get this over with.

It’s Russian propaganda.

He’s soaring like a rocket.

I’m not sure Incendiary_Lemon is a Russian troll. I think he’s a Russophile Conservative, though for someone who lives most of the year in France I’m not sure what that means.

He’s just a russophile. There didn’t used to be an overlap with conservatives until very, very recently.

It’s just that the conservatives, inexplicably, forgot their stance on Russia and the Soviets.

Well, not inexplicably. The Russians bought them. And so now the Russian propagandists just talk in the language of the far right.

Those sweet sweet rubles are irresistible to dickheads like Rand Paul et al.

Only time I was ever a millionaire was in Moscow with rubles. At the time 96-97 that was about $200, but hey still a millionaire.

69 posts were merged into an existing topic: On voting for a minor party, or not voting at all

I suspect there aren’t a lot of coherent nor intelligent points to argue when the POTUS keeps broadcasting he’s actually done the very things people are accusing him of, but figures he’s untouchable.

Anyone sticking with DJT at this point can be safely discarded as blindly, hypocritically partisan to the nth degree, a cultist, flat stupid, or insane. It’s really that simple.

And it’s not worth wasting breath on any of those people.