Forrest MacNeil's Review. Is it any good?

Also, turns out that new Andy Daly album is on Spoitify.

THAT’s where I recognized the lady in Avenue 5 from! It was from this show! (I know, I know, I could have used IMDB to just look it up, but I didn’t care about it that much. But it’s still nice to finally ring that bell).

More Bonanas for Bonanza! I thought it was done for good.

I’ve been listening for a couple of weeks. Such a pleasant surprise that it returned. Maria Bamford is a revelation on that podcast.

Much more rambling, introspective, and mellow, but Bonanas’ own Matt Gourley along w/ Paul Rust has a Patreon for their podcast: With Gourley and Rust. More ruminations on horror movie franchises, focusing on the Nightmare on Elm Street at the moment.

This show is soooooo good! I’ve watched it several times now in its entirety, but decided to give it another watch over the holiday weekend. Easily one of the best comedy shows ever made.

“This certainly is an upsetting number of pancakes.”

Pancakes, Divorce, Pancakes is brilliant TV.

“Forest, please review ‘There All Is Aching’”

I really liked Review’s craftsmanship but at some point I felt like a sadist watching the damn thing and it stopped being funny.

Woohoo!

Mary Holland’s Scottish accent has a challenger, and it is Matt Gourley’s Australia/New Zealand/South African in the latest Bonusnanza Extravaganza. But it’s OK, because he’s from an unnamed island you’ve never heard of.

I had to pause for a laughter break at the “I got chips at a Rick” bit.

It’s a real, well, bonanza of dodgy antipodean accents on podcasts this week as Ahi returns on Bonusnanza Extravaganza, and Lily Sullivan unleashes Bicky, sorry, Becky, on Comedy Bang Bang. Who it turns out is actually Lily Sullivan, a real person. But not that Lily Sullivan. That Lily Sullivan.

Oh, also, since this is the Andy Daly thread, he appeared on Hollywood Handbook this week, and mentioned a pilot he filmed that didn’t get picked up. Here it is

Sounds ibsolutely delightful.

The new Bonusnanza Extravaganza features the return of Patrick McMahon. I can’t remember if Gourley guested on the previous outings for the character, but his Irish accent, hoo boy.

Better or worse than Scott Auckerman’s Oyrish accent?

I’m struggling to remember that, but I expect worse.