Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

News on that other front.

Good. That type of stuff don’t benefict anyone except lawyers.

Ok, Fortnite has won videogames dominance. Is number #1 on gaming. Absolutelly.

Pretty much like Minecraft was for some years.

I wonder if that means people is really tired of it. How we will feel about Fortnite in the next years? will people be embarrased to see themselves in a video playing Fortnite?

And on the pedestal these words appear-

“My name is Fortnite, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”

Considering the age of the average FN player today seems like it’s 12, they’ll probably be feeling very hormonal about it.

In other news, they release today a “Creative mode” Fortnite called “Playground”.

Currently not available.

If you are on the latest Windows version you can run the game and just change it in Windows audio settings. And it will basically expose what you chose as “default” to the application. Useful sometimes.

Games like this live and die based on number of active players. Something else will be along soon enough.

For sure, but they really need to have audio options choices. The fact that it chooses 2 separate outputs without making that clear is weird. Which is why I was so confused, getting game audio but no chat. No options for audio output settings. So weird. But I guess the game is still in “Early Access”

🤑💰💵💸

This… sounds kind of awesome you guys

Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild. Build massive structures. Practice with the weapons and items. Fight against your friends. Have fun!

• You’ll have one hour to create, play and train as you wish. Hop in and try out version 1 of Playground!
  • Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour
  • Friendly Fire is on
  • Players respawn on elimination unless downed by the storm
  • The storm doesn’t start closing in for 55m, and takes 5 minutes to close in
  • Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate.
  • 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map
  • Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time

Custom servers stuff sounds really fun. Good to get some practice in with friends too.

I would love to see a 1v1v1v1 mode, or a normal private servers game where you could do a small party all against eachother. PUBG has private servers that do this. It does seem like Epic is pretty on top of rolling out updates and modes for this, so I am sure that could be done in the future.

If I where Epic, I would not give private servers, or delay them has much has possible. Rotating gamemodes help the game stay fresh. But if people can play the same gamemode or all the gamemodes, people will burn themselves quick.

Yesterday Epic did a ingame event that everyone that was playing was able to see.

Heres a video some player did of it.

I was in game when it happened. In combat in fact! The player I killed watched after he was dead through me. Lol!

that person you killed, had a family, you monster

this is my version

What was the point of it? so a rocket flew around and there were fractures in space. I am sure that isn’t a good thing.

Something happened in the game. It changed the world.
What will happen now. Nobody knows. And the state change every few hours (the leaks are getting bigger and strange energy singals are appearing around the map).
Maybe tomorrow you find a medieval castle in the middle of the lake. Or other part of the game will become a western town. Nobody know. Is exciting.

Is kind of like the events in patrol in Destiny 1, or world events in MMO’s.

Man, I don’t play this game but I love following it anyway. The stuff Epic is doing seems really amazing.

It’s very cool. @Jason_McMaster and I saw one of the rifts on Saturday and when we went to show @Lenkenobi last night we were surprised by the growth. Epic does a great job of evolving this weird world they’ve created while keeping the core game pure and entertaining with its moment to moment gameplay.

Like, I never get tired of ransacking a house for materials and gear… I just keep optimizing the route for each location! Fighting with other players keeps offering new and interesting action. It’s all that basic play being so good that makes all the world stuff a great in-game addition to the fun.

Not sure if mentioned as I don’t always follow this thread closely, the Save the World part of the game is getting new content soon!