Forza Horizon 4 - CaRPG in the UK

Heh. I read that the load times are pretty slow in console.
/hugs m2 ssd on Turin’s computer. For me it’s more 65 seconds… counting since clicking on the icon, so i’m counting also the unskippable logos video.

So guys, I’m about to dive into Windows 10, and I’d love to get FH3 and 4. I’ve been told that some gamepass thingy is the best way to do that, but am having trouble figuring out how it works (Microsoft’s own website isn’t super clear). Could someone elaborate on how this works, please?

This is the game pass:

It’s associated to your MS account (the one you use for the MS store, your gamertag and Xbox live if you have an Xbox, …).

You can start with a few trial or get a month. Once you get close to expiration, they might offer you the same offer they are currently offering me: subscribe for a year at a discount and get 2 games to keep forever (not on game pass): Forza 7 and FH3.

FH3 is not currently included in the game pass subscription (though that might change). That only started being automatic for new first party games a few months back. FH4 is included.

Alright, you finally broke me down. I started doing this today. 18,000 points for 3 months of Game Pass. We’ll see how long it takes for me to get there. Game Pass is such a good value that I finally had to give this a try. Even though I hate coming up with things to search for.

I took advantage of the one month code from CD Keys posted above (https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/1-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one-360) and was offered a second month for free if I turned on auto renewal, which was easy enough to immediately turn off. ~$3 to play two months of Forza by which point I’ll be ready to move on was a no brainer.

Downloaded the ~70GB overnight and looking forward to jumping in after work.

Map with all board locations
-https://i.redd.it/58a9mhmnvnp11.jpg

I also started playing. If anyone is looking to fill up leaderboards or race online, my xbox live name is also Dirklectisch.

Interesting. I assume you mean it’s possible to turn off HUD elements, and this is one of the things you can turn off. I might just do that, just to give it a try. Especially after the extended first chapter is over and I’m into the proper game.

I’m not sure there’s any need to get 3 at this point unless you really want the Australian setting. By all accounts 4 is an upgrade in every way. 3 is also not on Gamepass.

As to how it works, it’s basically Netflix for games on Xbox. You subscribe for a certain fee a month, and while you’re subscribed you can play (via download, not streaming) a rotating selection of games, including all new MS first party titles. New MS first party titles are Play Anywhere, which means if you buy it on Xbox (digitally) you can play it on Windows 10 Store, and vice versa. So if you have Gamepass, you automatically get PC versions of new MS games.

Mine is Turin Tur. Add me people.

*–

Btw, a ‘trick’. If you enable damage simulation instead of only cosmetic, you gain +10% credits. The trick is in that it isn’t as hardcore as that may sound, the cars are still much more tougher in real life, and the car is magically repaired both at the start and at the end of each race. So basically, enable it if you are good enough to not take curves by crashing into things.

Ohhh, so I should just jump to 4 then? Good to know!

YMMV, but I think there is value in playing FH3, if only for the different setting. They are very similar, ,in reality.

I added you both through the Xbox website just now. If anyone else in this thread isn’t on my friends list yet, pipe up. I’d love to add you.

For what it’s worth, I saw you asking for things in another thread about what utilities you should run when you first set up Windows 10. Just FYI that the more of those unofficial utilities you run, the more likely you are to have issues with both the store and with Xbox Live games like Forza.

For example, changing your telemetry settings in unofficial ways instead of using the built-in privacy options in Settings might block achievements and multiplayer from working properly. It’ll also make it more likely for those privacy options to be reset when you install an update, because the update process only knows how to preserve options when you change those options in official ways.

Similarly, if you disable random services, it might block matchmaking, clubs, and voice chat from working. Or it might make game updates not work properly, and games like Forza usually enforce mandatory updates to the game to continue playing them online (and Forza is very online-focused).

And finally, there are frequently platform and store bugs getting fixed via Windows Update. Such bugs can sometimes cause games to crash, or game downloads to have problems. So definitely keep Windows updated, whether automatically or manually.

Just bought this as well, I’m apparently DiggingLocket98 on Xbox, thanks Windows!

Good to know, thank you!

This is kinda why I want it. ;)

Ooh, the buildings have proper windows and interiors! Best gaming trend of 2018.

I still kind of want to knock out FH3 before I jump into 4, but I’ll pribably end up bailing like I did on 2. Anyway, my gamer tag is the same as my tag here at Qt3, if anyone wants to add me.

Does that mean you drove through someone’s wall?

So I downloaded this today and gave it a whirl- my Game Pass expires tomorrow, and I was going to cancel, but maybe just one more month.

So I played through the first two races, and noticed that the other cats in the race were everyone on my friends list who’s played- i.e. all of you. Somehow I came in second in both, even though I’m terrible at these games. Are you all really that bad? Is there something else going on there I don’t get?