Forza Horizon 5 - Open world Mexico

You are now my first friend Ledshok! My Forza name is Wallikeye if anyone else wants to friend me!

I am so not the audience for this. I feel like I’m testing an Ubigame where they’ve built the setting but not done the forts or tombs yet. But you can drive around!

I love the opening music on the title screen so much. Mostly just a simple acoustic guitar, but so evocative. I wish there was more music like it within the game on the radio stations. That’s my biggest criticism of the game. After setting us up with a beautiful tune like that when we first load up the game, they don’t really follow through with music of that caliber again. In fact, I liked the music in previous Forza Horizon games much better. The Classical station, for example, has Mars from The Planets, which is awesome, but other than that, they chose pretty sleepy classical tunes this time.

Anybody else getting crashes and freezes since the update? Right after it updated I immediately got a CTD upon entering the game, and now I just froze nine and a half minutes into the Goliath race.

Well I won the Goliath (in a Jesko) and then the Gauntlet (in an RS200). I sat in 7th place in the Gauntlet for 13:30 before finally catching up to the pack, and then took the lead with 20% of the race left and was able to hold on and win. The volcano was where I was able to finally overtake everyone. I don’t think the AI handles steep grades nearly as well as flat asphalt.

I won the Rimac in a wheelspin and that car is definitely something else. It accelerates like a rocket because it doesn’t need to shift gears, and at least the way I have mine configured it has a top speed of 261 MPH. While I was playing around on the freeway I decided to upgrade and tune my Jesko and test it out. I was able to hit 304 MPH, though that was going slightly downhill. 301 on flat ground. Of course it started sprinkling, but I doubt it had an effect.

It struggles on launch because of its ridiculous power and only RWD, but on long straights it eats everything else alive.

I finally drove the Jesko last night for the first time. It was part of a Test Drive: Apex mission to have 30 near misses on the highway. I have to admit, going 280mph is the fastest I’ve ever gone in any of these games, and it’s pretty exhilarating. The Jesko is amazing. I can’t believe you’ve got yours configured to go over 300 mph. Those last few mph are really hard to achieve. At least in real life.

The key to getting it over 300 was to adjust the front and rear spoilers to remove as much downforce as possible.

Pro tip: Mind any bumps in the road if you do this.

But without downforce you can’t take high speed turns. Don’t you lose every race as a result except straight line races?

Oh I just configured it that way for the top speed test. I actually ran it stock for the Goliath. It can still destroy everything else on the straights, but it’s a bit easier to drive. It definitely can’t launch like an AWD Bugatti or Centenario, and I found it understeered quite a bit for a RWD car, but for all its faults it definitely makes up for it on the straights.

Ah, great tip about downforce, @Penny_Dreadful. I knew there had to be some relatively easy tweak I could make in tuning.

You won’t need to take any kind of turns on the highway that runs down the middle of the map. Also known as a “drag strip”. :)

-Tom

I love the highway in 5 just for that reason. In 4 it was really difficult to get much over 260 just because there wasn’t really a stretch of pavement conducive to doing so. That’s child’s play in this game.

After doing a bunch of friend requests yesterday (thanks everyone who accepted!) I logged back in today and found three notifications listed under ‘My Rivals’ (@Wendelius and @Dirklectisch) announcing new times I had to beat.

They were for tracks/circuits I don’t remember racing solo (without AI) on, so presumably your best lap from any event on a particular track/circuit is counted towards the rivalry?

I managed to best all three new times, though, to be fair, my car was clearly faster than the ghost cars in a straight line. I’m guessing @Wendelius / @Dirklectisch weren’t actually racing with the intent of setting a fast lap time ie the game used their times from an event where they just chose a car they felt like driving (which I tend to do against the AI since it scales the drivatar skill level anyway).

I do actively play the rivals mode so I’m not quite sure that is what happened. What I do, is I drive a race in solo mode and then check the rivals menu if any of my friends have times I like to beat. I do remember seeing some of yours in there so that is probably what you are seeing in the my rivals menu.

Congrats on beating the times. I do actually play the races in rival mode and try to beat the previous time set there. But you’re right that I don’t necessarily use the fastest car possible for those. I simply drive some 4x4 I’ve been enjoying talking through the dirt tracks.

But it’s definitely a fair victory against a time I set to beat a previous rival. :)

Ah yes, it sounds like it’s only rival mode times then. Which does make some sense - a ghost would look pretty odd colliding with invisible AI drivers if it was recorded from a race.

Although the open world stuff is cool, sometimes I just want to do some hot-lapping - the whole rivals thing seems to be great for that. Look forward to doing battle with you fellas. :)

Same here. Every time I think of the game, I have that tune playing in my head. It’s so good. I wish there was a radio station for that kind of music too .

The British DJs grate on me. And I live in England. Or maybe it’s because of that. Too much like radio at home. :)

I’ve put up rival times for the first 11 or so road courses in each car class, so you should have a lot of times to try and beat.

I’ve been slowly working my way through the dirt tracks so far but will mix it up with some road courses shortly. :)

Where is the list of Qt3 people and their Gamertags? Mine is FreshQu33blets, BTW-- feel free to friend request me. Coincidentally also my Twitch handle.

I’m in game as BismarckMaybe.