Forza Horizon 5 - Open world Mexico

I joined the QT3 club and then clicked on each of its members and did a friend request. That’s probably the easiest way to find everyone.

Is that done in-game somehow? You do some search for “Qt3” among the clubs (under who knows which menu-- I find them extremely unintuitive)?

I wasn’t able to do that. I think I’m already a member of two QuarterToThree Clubs already, and apparently you can only join a maximum of 4 clubs, so I can’t join the new Qt3 club, and I couldn’t figure out how to leave the old clubs.

Yeah, in-game under Online you can join a club called QT3.

The actual friending I had to do from the Xbox app, but I think clicking club details within the game launched me to the appropriate place in the app.

Ah, that’s annoying.

I’m still not clear if the rivals functionality relies on you both being a member of the same club, or just whether you’re friends. My gut tells me it’s the latter (based on me only getting rivals notifications after I friended a bunch of people), so not belonging to the new club may not matter.

While we are on the topic of Rivals. There seems to be a bug where after you beat someone’s time the next time to beat - presented after the victory screen - seems to be the exact same time and player. This breaks up the flow of jumping back in quite a bit. I hope it gets fixed soon.

I noticed that too, but simply assumed that I didn’t understand how rivals worked…

Anyone know if you are racing a Rival and you beat that rival and multiple more, do they each get notified or just the one you raced against?

That’s a good question. In last month’s Monthly rival event, the one that took place in a Ford Bronco, I beat the top time in my friends list, their ghost, which wasn’t you, you were in second place. Did you get a notification on that one? This was not the current monthly event, which is in an AMG One. Try as I might, I can’t beat you in that one.

Hmm I don’t recall being notified.

I got a couple of notifications from you when I logged in yesterday, if that helps?

Haven’t had a chance to try to beat them yet as I have a few from @Ormus I’m tackling first!

My main issue with their Rivals interface this time is that when I go to my Rivals notification screen, I see a bunch of times for me to beat. I click on one and it shows me the course. Then I click on the course and it shows me a bunch of my Class X cars, where X is the class that the person used, but unlike in previous Forza games and Horizon games, I don’t have the option of upgrading any of the cars on this car selection screen. So I pick one of the stock cars in my garage and I watch @Wendelius or @robc04 accelerate away from me at the starting line before I even have a chance to do anything. And I just watch their ghost get farther and farther away throughout the race. And since these are not circuit races but point to point, it’s always going to be this way.

I started using stock cars and then I started encountering rivals in non-stock cars so I started upgrading mine. I think all of my classes have been upgraded at this point. What I was doing before I had upgraded everything is after I pick the time to beat on the Rival screen is press Y to select a new rival and look at what car they were using. If they had upgraded it then I’d upgrade mine.

My guess at this point you can just pick your favorite car in each class and upgrade them so you have a car at the top of each class.

Initially I thought rivals would be better if everyone was forced to use the same car with stock settings, but having now raced some mixed asphalt/dirt circuits where my rival was in a large 4x4 while I had a RWD sportscar, I’ve changed my tune.

The lead changes back and forth (sometimes by quite a margin) as each vehicle does better on certain parts of the course, so you never really feel like you’re out of it until you’re nearing the finish line.

But as @robc04 says, I think I’m now leaning towards having one ‘go to’ car in each class and surface combination which has all the necessary upgrades to make it competitive.

I’ve always just looked at the race limitations beforehand (Rivals or not) and gone to my garage and upgraded one of my favorite cars exactly to that limit. The biggest pain, especially without having fast travel unlocked for everywhere, is always having to go back to Horizon or your house and then having to drive back to the race.

At least with the races you find on the Rivals screen itself it just sends you there free of charge.

Apropos of Rivals, that’s a hell of a time on the Aerodrome strip, @robc04. It’s a good .300 faster than my best effort so far with the Jesko. I can’t get the power down fast enough with RWD, and while I can fly out ahead of everyone with AWD, you just blow by me once I hit 4th.

can you join more than one forza club? or is the multiple club thing only in the xbox companion? I sent a few friend invites from Plus5Mana

Thanks :-) I have had lots of fun going after times of people here. It really brings out my best performance and I like needing to run a clean race - but sometimes it does get frustrating because all it takes is one little bump to have to start over. There have been times going back and forth where each driver keeps improving

Pro top: you don’t need to do this. Bafflingly they’ve hidden a tune your car anywhere button in the Creative Hub.

That’s your problem right there. Why do you have stock cars in your garage? First thing I do when I get a new car is tune it to whatever class I want to use it for.

Can you upgrade from there or only tune, though?