Forza Horizon 5 - Open world Mexico

Not the new one, no. I’m in the Qt3 club started when Forza Horizon 3 came out, and the Qt3 club started when Forza Horizon 4 came out. I’m not in the Qt3 club started when Forza Horizon 5 came out because Xbox limits you to 4 clubs maximum.

Ah damn. I added you as a friend, assuming you are Rock8man not Rock8man46 or 87 hehe.

On Xbox I’m Rock8mnky.

Maybe we should stop creating new clubs!

I was thinking that too! I was wondering what was wrong with the old Qt3 clubs we had for previous games. @tomchick created the new one, I believe. So maybe there is a reason why using the old one was not an option? What say you, esteemed club leader?

Do you not need a club for each version of the game?

I wonder. That would be a weird decision, wouldn’t it? Especially with the club membership limit that seems to exist.

In FH5, I get offered times to beat from members from another old club I joined years ago. Don’t think most of them are on my friends list. But I might be wrong. Clubs confuse me.

Yeah, my other two clubs are both Broken Forum clubs, so they had the same problem.

Basically, whoever starts the club still has to be on the ball in doling out new invites and such. I’m sure there’s a way to leave older clubs, I just haven’t looked very hard yet. I keep forgetting to. I’ll try to remember tonight.

I could be remembering incorrectly but I think one of the two Qt3 clubs I’m in was started by @WhollySchmidt .

Can you see the other clubs you are in without loading those games? I no longer have them installed atm

Yes, when I tried to say yes to Tom’s invite to the current club, it took me to an Xbox club screen, at least on Xbox, not sure what it does on PC.

That sounds plausible, I can’t remember which Forza that was for though, is there something I have to do now?

You people need to stop beating me on that monthly. I don’t think I can do any better. I also tried to beat @Mr_Bismarck for over 30 minutes yesterday and I just can’t match him. I’ll give your time a try Ormus but I don’t think I can beat it.

I found switching to manual helped. I played for many hours with automatic as I normally would on an arcade racer before trying it out today.
Although I am not sure manual is necessarily faster, you just feel more in touch with the car being able to shift up and down at your pleasure. Now all cars are much more interesting to drive.

This is also true of the drive assists and cockpit view. And I recommend manual clutches, especially if you drive a manual in real life. You can feel transmissions improvements when your clutch isn’t just a magic insta-shifter.

When you turn off the assists and limit yourself to the cockpit view, the differences among the cars is more pronounced. Suddenly, the game comes alive in a totally new way, a way that you’ll never see if you use assists and play from a magic camera floating above and behind your car. I’m constantly surprised at how much gameplay is drowned in the name of accessibility. Not just in Forza Horizon 5, of course, but this is a textbook example of how to bury a perfectly cromulent driving model.

-Tom

I feel pretty confident in saying that I’m probably not one of the more skilled drivers in this game but I am damn obsessive and can run lap after lap trying to chase a time - especially when I feel I have a shot. @ormus I still haven’t beaten your monthly challenge time but I have shaved the lead to under .1 second. I feel I have a chance. I have tried for 77 laps so far. I have a problem :-)

I managed to beat you @Ormus by a measly 12 thousandths of a second and hereby declare the contest done :-)

I won’t be surprised to see you beat me soon. You sure did push me to keep trying to better my time and while frustrating sometimes after I failed time after time - it was exciting!

If you put that many laps in then I think I will let you have it. Although there are still a few days left so no promises! I notice in the leaderboard that I accidentally had ABS on, surely a few tenths if I switch that off!!!??

Any hints for finding my missing 4 roads

Go to map, filter off everything, zoom in and sweep methodically. Pretend you are playing Might and Magic 3.

Cheers, tried that last night, might be my aging eyes