Forza Horizon 5 - Open world Mexico

You can certainly load tunes with upgrades in them. Haven’t tried manually upgrading from there.

I enjoy the Rivals races, feels to good to race against a real player’s effort. Also I like to see everyone’s different cars and compare performance. Then there is the monthly one where we all get to use the same car. That Mercedes is pretty sweet!

Definitely upgrade to the class limit. Be sure to check the tune you download to see what tyres etc it has.

Can’t understand why I don’t get any slipstream effect from robc’s ghost though!

I guess I’ll get to that stage eventually. Right now I’m just having a blast with the stock cars both in the open world and in the story missions and events, so I don’t feel like messing with that stuff.

Since no one seems to be doing Rivals stuff with stock cars, I’ll just put it off for later.

But I just love doing my car up, customise the wheels, width etc, add some spoilers, add a decent paint job and then tune it to max level. I only have about 10 of my 106 cars left to do so far, always skint though :)

OK @ledshok we can test the rival message. I just raced Wallikeye as a rival on River Scramble and beat his time and also your time. Does that race show up in your rival notifications? I hope it does, otherwise we are missing potentially lots of rival matches.

Just checked and yes, I did get a notification! :D

Good! I was worried it would only send it to the rival that was in the race. I’m getting to the end of the road races and started doing some of the dirt races too to mix it up because the end road races start getting long, and the last ones are super long.

Is one of you heloder85? Wanting to be friends?

That’s me!

Be my friend! :*(

Tires are always the first thing I check, and the first thing I upgrade, especially if it’s a “normal” car that’s likely outfitted with regular rubber. Per credit it’s probably the biggest upgrade you can make on a car like that. I’m sure everyone knows about the rally and off-road tires, but don’t sleep on the drag slicks if you’re drag racing. It can make a huge difference in launch traction.

Also, this might be tangential, but I’ve read that a rally differential—while not essential—is always preferential to any alternative sequential. Sounds crazy, but due to it shifting gears faster it seems self-evidential that it has the potential to be fairly consequential.

Thanks for this reminder. If I don’t want to mess with upgrading cars, I can always try the Monthly where we all have to use the same vehicle! Noice.

@robc04 you’ve been beaten. I’m still bitter that I won the last monthly and they changed the monthly challenge like a day later before anyone could really try to go back and forth with me on it. Who starts a new month on November 8th or 9th or something? Playground Games, that’s who.

This game is really good.

OK, I’ll try and take a shot at it later tonight!

Actually, can’t we create events that force the use of a specific car and don’t allow tuning?

I beat you by .006. There is no way that will stand. :-)

From what I’ve heard you can’t play custom events in rivals mode, which is just stupid.

Back on top of the monthly rivals QT3 leaderboard (as Wallikeye). Also in the top 21,000 in the world, oh yeah!

Top of my leaderboard is BismarkMaybe, and I did about 20 laps last night trying to get close to him but couldn’t do it. It’s like he doesn’t slow down for any of the turns!

Interesting. you can filter by “Club” in the leaderboards but I don’t see either you or him. Are you in the Qt3 club?