Forza Horizon 5 - Open world Mexico

that was FH4 to me, too. I just can’t stand this “culture”, and all those cutscenes… If they put too much story in a racing game, I’m out. I don’t watch bad movies. either.

Aside from the expansions which will be out who knows when, this seems just like extra content in a game that throws content at you. Do I really need more cars, liveries, and wheelspins?

True. I’ve never gotten the Car Pass or the VIP pass or the Welcome Pack. The expansions I get every time though, they never disappoint. Even the Storm Island one that got an okay reception turned out to be my favorite expansion in the series.

No Lancia Delta Integrale, always my first car to bomb about in.

Loving the setting, way better than the UK. Graphically i’m getting really good 2k performance and it looks superb as always.

Enjoying the Ford Cosworth and got the Mclaren F1 with my free ticket

Yeah it definitely reminds me more of Australia from 3, which I feel is WAAAYYY better than 4’s UK.

Do they have the Ford RS200? That was too much car for me in rally games, but I fell in love with it in Horizon 4. It’s the best starter car in a game ever.

Yep they do, Hoonigan version as well

Maybe, but the 1 million+ people who played this weekend aren’t necessarily Game Pass members who purchased the full $100 ultimate edition. There is also a $45 “ultimate extras” DLC that is meant for Game Pass members who want:

• early access
  • 2 upcoming DLC packs
  • a bunch of extra cars
  • other various perks

Oh, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. I just think it’s interesting that people are willing to pay money to play a game early that they’d otherwise get for no extra charge in a service they’re already paying for. Even for a $45 perk pack, that’s amazing.

I wasn’t saying it’s bad either! Just saying that early access isn’t the only thing people are getting either. The FH3 and FH4 expansions were great, so I can completely understand why someone wouldn’t mind preordering the FH5 expansion if it also happens to come with early access.

Good comparison of the different versions and modes:

I’m looking forward to taking this for a spin soon. I’m just trying to finish the Metro Exodus DLC first.

The plastic dumbasses remain the most grating aspect of the Horizon games for me, but thankfully after some heavily frontloaded babbling they tend to mostly get out of your way.

The festival motif doesn’t bother me (even if I wish they’d ground the concept a bit more, instead of just accepting that you’ve apparently taken over a country’s roads indefinitely), but would it kill them to give the characters a bit of range and personality, and have them speak like actual humans do to one another?

I’d honestly like an interviewer to ask Playground about it, because I can’t imagine anyone actually likes the characters, or gets excited to see that “Jaimin” and “Alex” are back again.

Anyway not to get too negative - I really like the game overall. The world itself is absolutely gorgeous, and the sound engineers might be low-key MVPs on this game with the environmental sound and their revamp of engines. It makes me really excited to see what their Fable game is going to look like - a game that won’t have maintain an ability to stream in detail at 300mph either.

They could do one of those Ubisoft-type menu settings - festival mode or quiet mode?

Motorsport is essentially Xbox’s Gran Turismo. Horizon is an open-world spinoff series that is more laid back and arcadey. They both share tech and assets like cars too.

Motorsport is also the one that is apparently going to debut their new next-gen Forza engine, hence there not being a new one since 2017.

I was pumped Scott was back in the Horizon 4 intro. I like him, Darius Flynt, Amy, and the classical radio guy who hates the festival.

I don’t mind the radio people, that’s true. But then they’re also supposed to be kinda “put on” personae because they’re radio DJs. The people you’re just having conversations with don’t have that excuse, lol.

I got a shipment message from Microsoft yesterday for 1.7 pounds. WTF did I order from Microsoft? I don’t remember ordering anything?!?!? Maybe I won something?

It arrived today (no drama like my toilet seat fiasco this weekend!)
Apparently I ordered the Forza 5 special edition controller back in August. I have no memory of this but I have the receipts in gmail so musta been drunk or something. It is so choice!

I just looked it up expecting to see some cool racing themed controller. It’s not. How is that Forza themed?

I dunno but I love the way it looks.