Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Technically, JQA is free to decline to push the assumption of state debts. We should wait for Ironsight to indicate he is doing so.

Ah yes good point.

Actually I believe the choice of how to handle the issue is mine as Secretary of the Treasury. In this case I concur that we should Resolve the issue so it is indeed time to vote @Cuthbert.

Edit - Hah you guys posted while I was typing. :)

I am unconvinced but my name’s on the card so Eight votes Yes
@Panzeh is up

Nine votes yes

On to @Ironsight

8 votes Yes JQ Adams looks over and sees his demented old father asleep in his chair. He elbows him and says “Wake up you old coot. Time to vote.” @Navaronegun

Oh, I’m awake. I was just ruminating on how we should have really relied upon corporal punishment with the children. Exclusively.

6 votes yea. @Brooski

Never understood how corporeal punishment became corporal punishment. I always think, “Cpl. Punishment! Report for KP!”

Vote YEA with 18 votes

@CF_Kane

John Quincy Adam’s plan to assume state debts was widely considered to be one of the essential decisions of the Early Republic. He was so persuasive that Congress voted unanimously in favor of centralizing the debt obligations, creating a powerful federal treasury. As a result John Quincy Adams is featured on the modern ten-dollar bill.

(+1 Popularity to Washington and JQA, -25 reserves, +3 influence to Washington, +2 to Jefferson).

@Brooski, any action before the next issue?

Play Dolley Todd on George Washington

And after that, new issue, Monsieur @CF_Kane

The United States spent a year in mourning for the death of Martha Washington. She was seen as the mother of the nation, though she and George never had children of their own. After a suitable period of mourning, George Washington married Dolly Todd, who was recently widowed herself. While some commented on the nearly 40 year age gap between the two, any who met Dolly Washington found her to be vivacious and charming. Dolly was particularly adept at bringing the various factions of the Early Republic together in a social setting—a rare occasion in early American politics, which were marked by duels and occasional popular violence when political enemies interacted.

(Washington gains +1 popularity).

The final issue of the Washington presidency was one brought up by his new wife, Dolly. Since women were already active in American politics, why shouldn’t they be able to vote? This was an issue that divided both parties, though it was widely believed that women would be more likely to support the Federalist Party than the Democratic Republicans.

Women’s Suffrage is a difficulty 5 issue, resolved by the President and Congress. If it passes, the President gets plus one popularity, and public support for the Conservative party increases by 2. If it fails or is ignored, it has no effect.

Appoint John Jay Secretary of State
Resolve to Pass Women’s Suffrage

@Cuthbert

@Brooski - I think you have to decide whether your faction or Washington will spend the 2 influence to meet the Difficulty of that issue.

Oh, Washington does it.

Eight votes for Yes

Truly a new nation full of opportunity and experiment.

@Panzeh

Technically, Washington is passing the issue, not Jay. Secretary of State is not involved in the issue. Jay gets two popularity though for being appointed SoS.