Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Assuming Panzeh isn’t declining his own nomination, it’s @Ironsight to vote

Burr uses one point of his personal influence to arm twist three votes out of Congress for our faction. We vote Yes with 16 votes. @Navaronegun

Oh, @CF_Kane, I think you forgot to reduce my influence on the tracker?

Yea! With three votes, @Brooski

Sorry guys. I’m pretty sick today so there won’t be much in the way of updates until the morning.

Hope you feel better tomorrow. Something bad is definitely going around.

Get some rest and feel better!

Yeah @CF_Kane, sleep and rest.

So we don’t get stuck on me I’ll put my 13 votes no here

@Cuthbert

14 votes no

@Panzeh

11 votes yes to carry the day

(Sorry for the long delay. My wife got the bug immediately after me, so I parenting solo for the rest of this weekend. Hopefully we can get back to regular schedule starting tonight.)

The Marshall administration made good on its representations to the Northern wing of the party by electing to raise Tariffs in order to protect Northern manufactures and restore faith in the financial markets. Aaron Burr’s support helped to rally prominent Democratic Republicans, and he gained influence in the administration as a result.

Unfortunately, that exercise of influence proved to be Aaron Burr’s last political action. Burr died before reaching the heights of Presidential power, his fondest ambition, but left a legacy as being a bipartisan statesman, serving with many Federalist and Whig-National cabinets.

The next issue facing President Marshall, following Mr. Burr’s untimely death is the (slightly late) War of 1812.

The War of 1812 is a comparative complicate issue:

Option 1 (Fight): Difficulty 6 for War/Congress. Reserves -200, Public Support 3 towards the Liberal Party. 1 IP to Conservative Leader. Popularity +2.

Option 2 (Negotiate): Difficulty 6 for Envoy/Congress. Reserves -36. 4 IP to Conservative Leader. May be sabotaged. Popularity -1.

Failed: Reserves -250, 3 IP to Conservative Leader. Louisiana removed from play. Popularity -2.

Ignored: Reserves -40. Public Support 2 to Conservative Party. 1 IP to Liberal Leader (James Monroe). Popularity -1.

@Panzeh, it is up to President Marshall to decide.

No need to apologize for being sick. Hope you are both 100% soon, and hope the little one doesn’t get it too.

@CF_Kane I believing ignoring is -1 pop also?

That is correct, apologies.

Paging @Panzeh

President Marshall would like to ignore the issue.

After the British defeated Napoleon, President Marshall thought that it would be wise not to rise to their provocations. Although this cost him some popularity at home, support for the ruling conservative party surged after evidence of the potential costs of an aggressive approach came to light.

President Marshall next turned to the issues relating to slavery. Several southern states claimed that Marshall’s policies did not apply to them due to the guarantees of the Tenth Amendment. This nullification crisis would occupy most of the Marshall administration for 1823.

Nullification Crisis is a difficulty 4 issue for the President and Congress. If Resolved, Revenue -4, Popular Support 3 to Conservative Party, +0 popularity.

If failed/ignored, Tension +1, 2 IP to Conservative Party Leader, popularity -3.

@Panzeh, will President Marshall ignore this issue or refer it to Congress?

Marshall will spend 2 IP to send this issue to Congress

@Ironsight is first to vote.