Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Buchanan blushes

King must have been distracted by Buchanan. He rolled a 4. Going to invest the 2IP or take any other action @Navaronegun?

No, he’ll just have a good chat with this nice man Mr. Buchanan.

I think we are up to @Brooski who already said he was going to spend 2 IP to move the newspaper all the way to the right. So that leaves @Cuthbert to play if I have that right.

@Brooski, anything additional to spending 2IP on the newspaper?

Nope67

Found a liberal newspaper

No further actions

It is now bidding time. We start with @Ironsight and end with @Panzeh.

I’ll bid one IP using Burr’s personal stash. @Navaronegun

Pass.

Monsieur @Brooski

Nein567

Bid 2

@Panzeh

As an aside, in my ftf game, Franklin was just elected president at a hundred and ten after Aaron Burr retired as the most popular president in American history. Hamilton has been Vice President three times, and the Union is much smaller due to President Jefferson’s refusal to appoint a Secretary of State from someone else’s faction

Pass

@Cuthbert, your card is on its way. I believe you are out of IP, so no action.

Jefferson Davis arrives on the midnight train from Mississippi

I have, as @CF_Kane says, completed the bad president trifecta.

We are now ready for President Marshall’s term. Any actions before the first issue, @Panzeh?

None for me, let’s take on the first issue.

March 4, 1821 was a sad day for America. One of its great statesmen, perhaps the greatest to never be president, died at his home in Virginia. James Madison had intended to come to the inauguration festivities of his friend and rival John Marshall, but was stricken with flu and overcome. Madison would be famous for holding the pen on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, as well as for his many efforts to seek the Presidency.

Meanwhile, the panic of 1820 continued into 1821, worsening into a full blown financial panic. Action must be taken!

Panic of 1819 is a difficulty 4 issue for the Secretary of the Treasury and Congress. It can be resolved in two ways or failed/ignored:

Option A (Raise Tariffs): Revenue -12. Public Support 2 toward Conservatives. 1IP to Liberal Party Leader (now Aaron Burr). +1 Popularity.

Option B (Lower Tariffs): Revenue -12. Public Support 2 toward Liberals. 1IP to Conservative Party Leader. +1 Popularity.

Failed/Ignored: Revenue -10. -1 Popularity.

@Panzeh to ignore or appoint a Secretary of the Treasury.

Appoint Polk Secretary of Treasury and send option A to congress